Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i just ordered nucelle 10% mandelic acid and green cream. should i have ordered the mama lotion instead? i am having second thoughts. anyways, i am trying to get rid of blackheads and acne breakout. i have had facial after facial and it seems to be a waste of money because the blackheads just come back. i get them around my nose and chin.

curently i am using aveda's product line for cleanser, toner and moisturizer. once i get the green cream and mandelic acid do i still need a toner?

i was considering getting the cleanser and moisturizer from paula's choice. does anyone have any experience with that line.

lastly, i am using bare minerals and dont like it. how is the paula's choice sheer matte tint? does anyone know about the colors? i am asian and have yellow skin undertones. hard to choose from a pic.

I like Paula's Choice. The Skin Balancing Cleanser is excellent. It's the only cleanser I've used that is actually soothing. I use the Skin Balancing Toner instead of moisturizer, since I'm very oily. I've tried the Skin Balancing Moisture Gel, and it broke me out, but obviously, that doesn't hold true for everybody. I haven't tried the Sheer Matte Tint, but I've heard people complain that her line runs too yellow, so maybe that'd be an advantage for you? I don't know how dark you are, but that lightest color does look fairly pink, so I don't know if I'd go for that one if I were you. (Actually, I have very fair skin with a pink undertone, so I was considering that color for me if I were to try the Sheer Matte Tint.) I have noticed that when her products say "matte" they never come out matte for me. They're very light and don't add any grease, but they're not matte.

Does Aveda's toner have salicylic acid in it? I used it a few years ago, but it made me feel more oily, so I stopped. If it does, I might lay off of it once you get the mandelic acid and Green Cream.

I haven't used Nucelle, Green Cream, or Ma Ma Lotion, so I can't really help with that.

thanks for the info about paula's choice.

i have been using aveda's botanical kinetics line. before i was using shu umerua, which broke me out. i like the aveda line but it doesnt seem to be getting rid of the blackheads. i still have the frequent outbreak.