Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm considering getting some of this Jojoba oil now that Dan is offering it.. I'm just wondering, since it is very similiar to the natural sebum we produce, has this lowered the amount of oil production for anyone? My face becomes very oily after a few hours and I'd like to work on this.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure I know what you're implying, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way! :(

I'm pretty sure I know what you're implying, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way! :(

Why's that?

Why's that?

I have some face wash that I bought in bulk, a mistake because it turned out to VERY drying and harsh. When I used it, my face was shining with oil within an hour. Now that I use just plain water, I can go an entire work shift (6-8 hrs) with just a minorly oily face. Drying out your skin excessively will cause your glands to produce more oil to remedy it.

Washing doesn't affect sebum production. You're deceiving yourself if you think it does.

Actually..no. I have some face wash that I bought in bulk, a mistake because it turned out to VERY drying and harsh. When I used it, my face was shining with oil within an hour. Now that I use just plain water, I can go an entire work shift (6-8 hrs) with just a minorly oily face. Drying out your skin excessively will cause your glands to produce more oil to remedy it.

Don't argue with him, babe, you won't win, and you'll likely end up frustrated.

Don't argue with him, babe, you won't win, and you'll likely end up frustrated.

That's probably correct on both counts, but at least he/she will hopefully have LEARNED something about sebaceous gland physiology! :angel:

However, I will throw you a bone: bryan and I have before tossed around the idea that perhaps dry skin may LOOK oiler than skin which is properly hydrated, leading people to believe that drying out your skin makes it produce more oil to compensate.

That would make sense. I remember back in Junior High I had a friend who always complained about how shiny her face was. It wasn't oily at ALL, just really smooth and clean, so it gave off that SHEEN. So, if one continuously exfoliated/washed so that your skin was extremely tight and smooth, perhaps that natural sheen plus one's normal oil might make it look insanely oily?

Jojoba oil broke me out. I did like the way it made my skin feel though. Wish it worked for me.

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree. Its been 12 hours since I washed my face now and it's very lightly oily. Before when I was using that harsh face wash, I was blotting my skin every two hours and it looked disgusting. Please don't tell me how MY skin reacts to products, thanks :)

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree. Its been 12 hours since I washed my face now and it's very lightly oily. Before when I was using that harsh face wash, I was blotting my skin every two hours and it looked disgusting. Please don't tell me how MY skin reacts to products, thanks :)