Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jorgea

umm Retin-a 0.1% my skin is peeling question

So I have been taking retin-a, and my face totally is totally doing well. However, my face isn't really getting all that red, and when I wake up after application of Retin-a there is no redness at all. If anything, the "redness" comes a day after. (I am using Coppertone spf 30 with Vitamin-A, E, non oily and non-clogging, if anyone is interested.)

My question is: if my face isn't getting red, is it still working?

Second question: My skin starts peeling the day or two after, and right before I reapply the Retin-A I do a very light exfoliant to get rid of the peeled skin. Should I not do this? Basically, I started doing this two nights ago, and it's like I am applying the retin-a to the (relatively) raw skin. Not cool, or cool?

Thanks!

So I have been taking retin-a, and my face totally is totally doing well. However, my face isn't really getting all that red, and when I wake up after application of Retin-a there is no redness at all. If anything, the "redness" comes a day after. (I am using Coppertone spf 30 with Vitamin-A, E, non oily and non-clogging, if anyone is interested.)

My question is: if my face isn't getting red, is it still working?

Second question: My skin starts peeling the day or two after, and right before I reapply the Retin-A I do a very light exfoliant to get rid of the peeled skin. Should I not do this? Basically, I started doing this two nights ago, and it's like I am applying the retin-a to the (relatively) raw skin. Not cool, or cool?

Thanks!

That's how Retin-A works.

You should ramp up.

Once per week for a few weeks.

Then Twice per week.

Etc as you see fit.