Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In light of some recent discussion on this, I wanted to ask if this would work to help fade my post-acne red marks. I'd like to note that my face isn't really "red", but there are very noticeable spots from past cystic acne that is just KILLING me. I just finished 6 months of accutane and I'm ready to get on with my life, but the red marks are JUST like acne.

PLEASE... any insight to this? People with pretty severe red marks- is this effective?

Mine has faded [they aren't completely gone] many marks that I thought would be bright red for years. It isn't effective on all of my red marks but it has done a very good job and my skin is far better now than before.

A word of warning though - I used mine twice a day and my skin became INCREDIBLY dry. It was almost worse than the acne. But I've cut back to once a day [at night] and the dry skin has all but gone. If your skin can tolerate twice a day, I'd do it but do be wary that after a couple of weeks of twice a day applications, your skin may become very flaky.

I'd recommend Finacea. I really, really like it. Probably better for fading red marks than anything you can buy OTC.

I have used finacea (dermatologist recommended) for about 4 months in the past, I used it religiously and saw NO improvement in my redness. Seriously, it didn't change at all, but that may be just me. My red spots are stubborn, but Finacea just didn't do it for me. But for some I hear it works wonders.

I started using Finacea about two weeks ago.

And I.

Am so.

HAPPY.

It's definitely brought my cysts under control and definitely helped with my red marks. I'm hping that my face will be makeup-optional in another month. Even after just 24 hours I looked at my face and was like "oh, my god." LOVE IT!

ive been using finacea for over a month now and i love it. its great at fading dark spots and making the skin tone more even and radiant. i will be using it for a long time to come!!

Keep in mind, Finacea acts kind of like a retinoil, it can take UP to 4-6 months to see improvements and results.