Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IPA

Not washing my face -> red marks are fading

I've been trying the no wash regimen for about 10 days now, and my red marks are fading faster than ever.

I've only washed my face twice since last Sunday (April 27) and by "wash" I mean let it get wet in the shower for 5-10 seconds but don't rub it or put anything else on. I take showers daily though, and so I just try to avoid getting my face wet.

I think basically the idea is it's letting your skin heal naturally, instead of irritating it with chemicals.

Anyways, if you guys want a natural way to fade your red marks fast, just try not washing your face. More details are in the link above.

I've been trying the no wash regimen for about 10 days now, and my red marks are fading faster than ever.

I've only washed my face twice since last Sunday (April 27) and by "wash" I mean let it get wet in the shower for 5-10 seconds but don't rub it or put anything else on. I take showers daily though, and so I just try to avoid getting my face wet.

I think basically the idea is it's letting your skin heal naturally, instead of irritating it with chemicals.

Anyways, if you guys want a natural way to fade your red marks fast, just try not washing your face. More details are in the link above.

i would do this, but i love the feeling of having a nice clean face in the morning and dan's cleanser seems to do that.. hmm maybe I should try this though?

I've noticed the same thing over the last few days. Not washing has given me almost 100% clear skin and my marks are fading. :)

while i dont completely stop washing, i just run my fingers gently across my face and thats it. But yes, people would be surprised @ how well the body heals if you let it have the chance to.

I've done this...and made quite a few topics on this. But what i've found out is that it is mostly dead skin covering the red marks making it seem like its fading. When you wash again, they'll most likely reappear.

Let me guess, you've noticed a reduction of oily skin too? Although washing less does calm down oil, the extra dead skin makes it seem almost dry-like.

I've done this...and made quite a few topics on this. But what i've found out is that it is mostly dead skin covering the red marks making it seem like its fading. When you wash again, they'll most likely reappear.

Let me guess, you've noticed a reduction of oily skin too? Although washing less does calm down oil, the extra dead skin makes it seem almost dry-like.

What ballaballa has said is very true! I also have noticed this that they seem faded due to a build up of dirt and dead cells. I guarantee you as soon as you wash you will be unpleasantly surprsed. I also notice first thing in th morning my marks seem less visible due to a build up of oil and dead cells and as soon as I wash im like wtf?

Yeah he may be right. A few days ago I shaved my entire face with a razor (usually just use electric) because around my chin there was a large buildup of dead skin and I needed to get it all off. So I shaved and after that my skin looked pretty raw and back to normal. It usually always looks like this after I shower, so I'm not sure if it's the a) removing of dead skin that was covering it up, or b) irritation of the skin causing it to become redder. Thoughts?

Also I don't think this really works for me in general for keeping new zits away. I've recently broke out and I'm pretty sure it was due to some crappy food I've been eating, and not sticking to my special diet. So I think that is more important to me than not washing.

remember what redmarks actually are. theyre pretty much bloodclots under the skin. when you wash your face and apply pressure, it irritates your skin and also makes the redmarks more visible. pressure stimulates blood flow to the face which gives it the red color. thus, if you dont touch your face, it will appear like its fading. however, its just a temporary fix. once you put pressure on your face or do any strenuous activity to get your blood flowing, the redness will come back.

the same is true with the buildup of dead skin cells "masking" the redness.

the only way to get rid of redmarks is to let them heal on their own or to get vbeam laser