Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcon

Please Help: Question About Rosacea and the Sun

I have mild Rosacea and quite a few broken blood vessels on my cheeks and nose (especially where it connects with my face). My question is: Will being out in the sun/getting a tan make the redness worse/create more broken blood vessels? Thanks

I have mild Rosacea and quite a few broken blood vessels on my cheeks and nose (especially where it connects with my face). My question is: Will being out in the sun/getting a tan make the redness worse/create more broken blood vessels? Thanks

Yes, as one sign of sun damage is more 'exposed' blood vessels. They will become more apparent and contribute to the redness.

You can look at the laser/light section for treatment options as lasers are sometimes used to sclerose the veins; also some plastic surgeons will inject a saline solution (strong one) to sclerose the veins.

Hi, yes absolutely, the sun is the no.1 trigger for rosacea flare up. ALWAYS wear a high sun protector ( over 30spf )and wear those large sunshades with UVA that will cover most of your upper cheeks. The sun is very damaging to any skin types but sensitive skins will suffer badly. Avoid sunbathing or getting a tan.

I only have to sit in a car on a summer's day and my face goes bright red from the heat of the sun.

Take care of your sensitive skin and prevent any further damage by wearing a sunscreen even on a cloudy day! :cool:

Best of luck