Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvsky

ACNE SCARRING? redness

hi, i have posted on here before about my facial redness..well i started worrying a lot thinking i could have rosacea, so i decided to go the doctor and he told me i have acne scarring...do you guys think that is correct?

My face is red on my cheeks and nose like a pattern type, i don't get hot flushes or any of the symptoms of rosacea, but the redness drives me insane......do you think i should get a second evaluation?...he said rosacea doesn't look like what i have..but acne scarring on my cheeks and nose only..its weird..well just wanted your opinion on this

if it is just acne scarring and a combination of burn from acne products, maybe some of you have the same thing and is not rosacea....but he also said it take a LONG LONG TIME TO HEAL...

thanks for reading...

Well, the first question would be, "have you had acne in the recent past?" If you have, then it probably is just red marks, and yes, he's right, they take a long long time to heal. I've got some that are still around from 6 months ago, maybe even a year, though they're hardly noticeable. Acne products can definitely contribute to the redness as well. He's very likely right in his diagnosis, because you don't have any of the symptoms of Rosacea. If they bother you badly, you can try some of the treatments in the "red marks left after acne" board on this site. Try not to let it get you down.