Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

Doing the Fat-Free Diet ... I'm expecting it to work.

This evening, I decided I was going to do the fat-free diet to clear my acne. This diet is not entirely fat free, I will be getting fats from some unexpected and hidden sources.

After MikeWTF said that he tried the diet and noticed a great decrease in sebum production and inflamtion after one week, I decided to try my own diet, LOL.

I just wrote another post about the reason this diet should work, if you are looking for more info about this diet. It also says what is and isnt allowed to be eaten on the diet.

This is day one. I just ate a 6 inch veggie Subway sandwhich with mustard sauce. I never allow them to put lettuce on the sandwhich --- instead, they must use a bed of baby spinach and green bell peppers. It was quite tasty.

I'm expecting this diet to "kick in" in about 7 days. :dance:

This evening, I decided I was going to do the fat-free diet to clear my acne. This diet is not entirely fat free, I will be getting fats from some unexpected and hidden sources.

After MikeWTF said that he tried the diet and noticed a great decrease in sebum production and inflamtion after one week, I decided to try my own diet, LOL.

I just wrote another post about the reason this diet should work, if you are looking for more info about this diet. It also says what is and isnt allowed to be eaten on the diet.

This is day one. I just ate a 6 inch veggie Subway sandwhich with mustard sauce. I never allow them to put lettuce on the sandwhich --- instead, they must use a bed of baby spinach and green bell peppers. It was quite tasty.

I'm expecting this diet to "kick in" in about 7 days. :dance:

let us know how it goes! if you're able to follow up with pics it woulda have been great.

can you also give other examples of a 'meny' of low fat diets.

thanks =)

LOL, I dont have any before pics. I can easily say that without medication or a multitude of supplements, I have swollen, red bumps the size of a nickle along my hairline, on my cheeks, chin and nose. Every pore is black with blackheads and eventually become infected. The pores are also swollen from holding sebum that cannot escape. My skin flakes off like a healing sunburn because my face produces so much dead skin that exfoliating once per day is not enough: by evening, you can peel large strips of dead skin off my face which reveal more blackheads and infections underneath.

Anyway, my example menu:

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Slice of rye toast and grape jelly and 1/2 Ruby Red Grapefruit

Lunch:Organic Vegetable Minestrone soup (.5g of fat). Toated rye toast.

Dinner: Subway sandwhich on wheat bread. No cheese or meat. Stuffed to the brim with baby spinach (no lettuce), green pepppers, banana peppers, tomatos, purple onion and mustard sauce. It was very tasty. My friend asks them to toast his sandwhich.

--Breakfast: Whole-grain oatmeal (not instant oatmeal!) with brown sugar. Banana.

--Lunch: Brown rice veggie sushi (Stuffed with cucumbers/carrots). No avacado or tofu.

--Dinner: Whole wheat spaghetti (you can get lentil spaghetti if you want tons of protein) with Garlic & Herb Tomoato Sauce, topped with steamed mushrooms.

It works for me, but whenever I consume meat it backfires... even though the meat i ate was really lean and the saturated fat was <2g. Its probably the hormones inside the meat screwing with my high androgen levels. So I'm gonna go back to being veg. with possibly some fish.

I'm thinking this diet needs at least a little added fat (olive oil perhaps?).. even the Okinawans who are notorious for their low-fat longevity diet (and I assume acne-free) consumed lard on occasion. A diet of 2000 calories with 10% fat would be 22-23 grams a day. Teaspoon of olive oil = like 4 or 5.

Good luck, and I hope it works for you too.

PS. Have you ever tried cutting out Gluten?

The diet has added fat. The fat sources come from whole grains and vegetables.

For example, whole wheat bread gets 11% of its calories from fat. Vegetables get 5% of their calories from fat. So there is fat in it.

The diet has added fat. The fat sources come from whole grains and vegetables.

For example, whole wheat bread gets 11% of its calories from fat. Vegetables get 5% of their calories from fat. So there is fat in it.

A "before" pic would be one taken today, before the actual diet. An "after" pic would be taken in a month, 2 months or whatever. So you can definitely still provide before and after pics. ANyways, after pics are good enough to prove the effectiveness of the diet.

A "before" pic would be one taken today, before the actual diet. An "after" pic would be taken in a month, 2 months or whatever. So you can definitely still provide before and after pics. ANyways, after pics are good enough to prove the effectiveness of the diet.

Hmm, I'll have to think about taking a pic of my acne. Maybe. I absolutely hate it.

None of my diabetic friends had acne. Their skin was pretty nice.

I havent tried that diet.

It works for me, but whenever I consume meat it backfires... even though the meat i ate was really lean and the saturated fat was <2g.

I am trying this diet as well, although everything in me is screaming its way to high carbs. I hope the best for you, and I am staying low gi though as much as I can . my question is ...is it alright to take the fish oil capsules? or flax oil capsules or no fat at all?

I have been eating low fat, low GI for a while now. Though I usually give into temptations too often. If I ever get into a rut (little excercising, eating too many bad foods), and I really want to clear my skin up, I eat low fat, low GI, works every time (combined with topicals to make it go away faster). I usually clear my skin up at 2 weeks max.

Glass Dance, you give me hope that this diet might work. You are the second person on this board who has tried the diet and said it works when you don't cheat on it.

Siaya, if you are really nervous about the carbs, here is what my book says:

LOW-GI Alternatives:

"Low-GI foods shouldnt spike blood sugar levels too much."

Stick with rye or pumperknickle bread- it does not spike blood sugar levels as fast.

Wheat bread, on the other hand, spikes blood sugar very rapidly.

Pastas, when cooked al dente, do not spike blood sugars. If you cook the pasta until its mushy, then it will spike the blood sugar level quickly.

Al dente means... dont "over-cook" it. Let the pasta be chewy. It should not fall apart.

Stick with brown rice instead of white rice.

White potatos spike bloodsugar levels very quickly. I cant remember if the book says to eat sweet potatos or yams... One of them doesnt spike blood sugar levels.

Cereal spike bloodsugar levels extremely quickly.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: Whole-grain oatmeal. Banana.

Lunch: At the mall, and had a tortilla-less burito salad - lettuce, purple onion, tomatos, black beans, brown rice, topped with mild salsa.

Snack: At the mall: Fruit "protein punch" berry smoothie

Dinner: My boyfriend cooked Seitan smimmered in BBQ sauce... which was used in a toasted-rye sandwhich with purple onion, baby spinach and tomato. (He's so sweet - He's on the diet too when we're together =P)

I am trying this diet as well, although everything in me is screaming its way to high carbs. I hope the best for you, and I am staying low gi though as much as I can . my question is ...is it alright to take the fish oil capsules? or flax oil capsules or no fat at all?

I'm letting everyone know that I've been on this diet about 8 days and I'm still alive (yay!).

I havent seen any results, but my friend's insulin levels returned to normal after exactly 3 weeks... so I have two more weeks.

Its not that bad of a diet... in fact its pretty easy. But I can become very emotional at the thought of it not working because I've tried so many diets during these last 10 years.... and I'm feeling desperate.

I'm letting everyone know that I've been on this diet about 8 days and I'm still alive (yay!).

I havent seen any results, but my friend's insulin levels returned to normal after exactly 3 weeks... so I have two more weeks.

Its not that bad of a diet... in fact its pretty easy. But I can become very emotional at the thought of it not working because I've tried so many diets during these last 10 years.... and I'm feeling desperate.

Yes, I have... but my complexion problems are so bad that I had to exercise 4-5 hours a day to keep my complexion partly clear. I was able to keep this up through highschool, but in college, it is difficult to do so every day... for so many hours =P.

Glass Dance, you give me hope that this diet might work. You are the second person on this board who has tried the diet and said it works when you don't cheat on it.

Siaya, if you are really nervous about the carbs, here is what my book says:

LOW-GI Alternatives:

"Low-GI foods shouldnt spike blood sugar levels too much."

Stick with rye or pumperknickle bread- it does not spike blood sugar levels as fast.

Wheat bread, on the other hand, spikes blood sugar very rapidly.

Pastas, when cooked al dente, do not spike blood sugars. If you cook the pasta until its mushy, then it will spike the blood sugar level quickly.

Al dente means... dont "over-cook" it. Let the pasta be chewy. It should not fall apart.

Stick with brown rice instead of white rice.

White potatos spike bloodsugar levels very quickly. I cant remember if the book says to eat sweet potatos or yams... One of them doesnt spike blood sugar levels.

Cereal spike bloodsugar levels extremely quickly.