Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oestergaard

Experience about Tetracycline "LA" 250 mg.

Hi. I am a 16 years old boy, and i start on the "tetracycline" treatment on Saturday. Any of you have Befor and after pictures or expirence about the treatment?

will be very happy for all answers.

Be careful of changes in your eyesight and in the way you relate to people. I was put on a low level antibiotic of the same kind for 6 months and had to be taken off it suddenly when the words on a newspaper literally grew legs and ran off the page leaving it blank! Yeah it really happened.

I was also getting low level hallucinations - I was reading a series about Ramesses the Great and would often kinda "see" tall pillars around me as I walked down my hallway... didn't think much about that.

I phoned Optician about the words running off the page and she told me to call my Doctor.

He canceled the patient he was with and ordered me there immediately - I lived only 5 mins from surgery.

I had "reversible brain damage" he said and he took me instantly off the meds. I also found out I had been over the top aggressive in conversations and with friends for several months. Boy, I had a lot of apologizing to do!

Now you may NOT be like me, but just be aware this can happen to folk. I do have very odd reactions to most antibiotics to start with.

Good luck.