Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thunder_cloud

Candida and Insulin Resistance

It seems like low carb/ low sugar diets are becoming the prevailing champion against acne. What exactly is the science behind how this diet is working? Is it a matter of insulin resistance?.. or is the diet, which is basically anti-candida diet, effectively dampening the symptoms of a yeast overgrowth?...or are candida and insulin resistance somehow linked together? Anyone have any thoughts on this.

very good post. i actually was wondering about this myself. cause im 'curing' myself for both :S does anyone have a good answer?

I have a feeling they maybe linked in some way and probably connected with diet and exercise as well. A sedentary lifestyle devoid of exercise combined with high carbs/sugars leaves the body loaded with unburned fuel/glucose..seems like the perfect place for candida to thrive. Couple that with the use of antibiotics and the destruction of beneficial bacteria to keep the candida in check and its easy to see how things can get out of hand. I'm just hypothesizing though, hopefully someone with more knowledge will lay it all out.

I believe generally people who clear on high-fat, high-meat, low-carb diets simply have genetics that are better designed for this kind of diet. Their ancestors came from regions where there were abundant animals, but low amounts of edible plants, so they are better adapted to a diet like this.

Candida and insulin resistance go hand in hand. Candida is one method by which the body regulates blood sugar levels. It's the back up system of the back up system.

Insulin is the first line of defense against too high blood sugar levels. Next come adrenalin gland. After those two fail Candida become the goto guy.

Candida is not evil. It's probably saving your life because it mops up all the extra glucose from your blood.

Get your blood sugar issues handled and Candida takes care of itself. It dies off naturally. It's lifespan is only few hours to a day max. When food supply dwindles Candida dies off. It's that simple. You don't need any supplements or anything else that would 'kill' Candida.

Candida and insulin resistance go hand in hand. Candida is one method by which the body regulates blood sugar levels. It's the back up system of the back up system.

Insulin is the first line of defense against too high blood sugar levels. Next come adrenalin gland. After those two fail Candida become the goto guy.

Candida is not evil. It's probably saving your life because it mops up all the extra glucose from your blood.

Get your blood sugar issues handled and Candida takes care of itself. It dies off naturally. It's lifespan is only few hours to a day max. When food supply dwindles Candida dies off. It's that simple. You don't need any supplements or anything else that would 'kill' Candida.

I'm just wondering.. If you do get rid of Candida, is there a chance of them coming back..? Even a little?

ah.. I see. I'm actually going to go to my doctor in a week or so and ask to see if he can test me for Candida. I'm sure I have it, I've done the spit tests already and most of the symptoms seem to match me. I'll update you guys on how it goes..