Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
6sixty2two

bumps back on skin 2 weeks after extraction!

around the second week of april, i had a facial (extraction), and it took around 2 weeks for the scabs/marks to heal and clear up.

(even now i still have a few pale pink marks--IS THIS NORMAL??)

anyway, before the extraction, my cheek area has always had a bumpy/sandy feel to it, and my dermatologist said that it was my clogged pores.

now it's been around a month, and i notice that on my lower right cheek is starting to feel a bit bumpy again. and when i look closely at the mirror, i notice a few bumps forming again. they don't come out and turn out as pimples, but they look like tiny whiteheads spread over the skin.

i was hoping the extraction would clear the bumps out of my skin permanently, but it appears they've come back.

i have not put on an inch of makeup ever since the extraction, except maybe once or twice using powder, and that was it.

my regimen consists of:

-wash face 2x a day (morning & night)

-putting clindamycin on pimples/spot treatment

-sunblock during the day

-applying tretinoin+terbinafine cream at night

-melaclear2 at night (to clear up brown spots)

MY QUESTIONS:

-has anyone here tried melaclear2 and can anyone attest to its effectivity?

-does anyone here use clindamycin and know how effective it is since i have yet to see the full effects of the medication?

and lastly:

HOW CAN I GET RID OF THE BUMPS PERMANENTLY?

and what causes them in the first place? i haven't done anything or put on my skin and YET i'm still getting the bumps.

ANY HELP PLEASE??

well its sounds as if you have clogged pores which is what practically everyone on this site has

imo extractions are a complete waste of money if you have this problem

i did it for a while and, like you, the bumps just kept coming back

you really need to use a topical of some kind. i personally use benzac

try and find something that peels the skin because dead skin is the root of clogged pores

well its sounds as if you have clogged pores which is what practically everyone on this site has

imo extractions are a complete waste of money if you have this problem

i did it for a while and, like you, the bumps just kept coming back

you really need to use a topical of some kind. i personally use benzac

try and find something that peels the skin because dead skin is the root of clogged pores

yea something to remove dead skin etc. I'v currently bought a facial scrubber from the Body Shop and have started useing it in the morning, Shower, and Evenings. I put small amount of Nivea for men face wash on it and a few drops of jojoba and scrubbed! Its seems to be having some sort of an effect in reducing my stuff its not a cure im promising just a suggestion to start you off. I think my method apart from scrubing 3 times a day is very mild and isnt useing industrial products.

I use Clindoxyl Gel (clindamycin + BP)

It works really really well!

Ask your doctor for some! (if you wanna :P)

What kind of sunscreen do you use? I had to go through a bunch of different ones because the chemical sunscreens made me break out. With acne you want physical sunblocks.

"Chemical sunblocks work by absorbing the energy of UV radiation before it affects your skin. Physical sunblocks reflect or scatter UV radiation before it reaches your skin. Some sunblocks combine both chemical and physical sunblocks.

The two types of physical sunblocks that are available are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Both provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection and are gentle enough for everyday use. Because these are physical blocking agents and not chemicals, they are especially useful for individuals with sensitive skin, as they rarely cause skin irritation."

The sunblock I've found to work best for me contains titanium dioxide, it's Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 30.

I mention sunblock because it caused me to breakout until I found the right one. So it could be part of your problem maybe, and would be worth checking out.

What kind of sunblock you are using? What brand and name?

As long as you continue to be acne-prone, you pores are just going to want to clog up. There is no "permanent" solution to get rid of the spots - you just have to figure out how to keep the problem undr control. There ARE ways to do that.

The thing with extractions, is that you need to continue getting them done on a regular basis - at least until you have been fairly clear for awhile. Extractions and facials are best combined with a good at-home regimen that helps to exfoliate your skin and prevent clogged pores (glycolic, mandelic or salicylic acid or an OTC or RX retinoid are some options). I think facials w/ extractions combined with a good at home skin care regimen are the best combo to keep noninflamed acne under control. I used to get facials every 2 wks. Now that my skin stays clear most of the time, I go in about every 4-6 wks for a skin "tune-up".