Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well guys, im desperate. Im 24, and i wouldnt say i have bad acne, but rather a mild/moderate case. But the real kicker is, i've had it since i was 10 years old. Ive been fighting with acne for almost 15 years now. Im getting married in July, and i REALLY would love to have things under control by then - no one wants zits showing up in wedding pictures - HELP !! I have tried several prescription pills from my doctor, and many topical ointments, but nothing really seems to work. Im going to the Neutrogena On the Spot medication today, and hope for the best. I dont have any scarring, or anything like that... i just get frustrated seeing zits when i look in the mirror, and as a lot of you know, im sure, it completely destroys my self-confidence.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what i should try, i would REALLY appreciate help. Feel free to suggest anything, no matter how stupid it may sound =)

Thanks again everyone... appreciate it!

Brad

Congratulations on getting married!

Gives me hope that even folks with pimples can find love :D

My advice to you: try Dan's regimen, but mostly be grateful & know your blessings! Acne is not as important as LOVE.

Julie

I don't know the extent of your acne, but if it's a couple of pimples, ask you doctor for cortisone shots. They clear up the pimple in 2 days!!!! Maybe you could go to your dermatologist a couple of days before the wedding and explain the situation to him that if for some reason unexpected zits comes up he could fit you in for an injection.

I just figured I'd share this information, as I myself know how frustrating acne could be.

Good Luck! and Congrats!

Thanks guys =) My case is by no means bad.... basically, its a few some days... one another day... none for a week.. then back to four or five, etc. Its annoying how it fluctuates. Ive gone for weeks with having nothing but 1 or 2 SMALL ones... and am tricked into thinking to myself, "its over!!". Then 'blam"... four new red babies the next day. *sighs*. At any rate, im going to try some gentle topical medications. I think i was using stuff that was too harsh, and rather than helping the situation, it intensified it.

People laugh at me when i say im frustrated with my acne... their response is always "please, its not bad at all!". But to me, it is. Any acne is bad acne as far as im concerned.

Will check in later to see what others have to say. Again, thanks to you two for responding. Nice to have people to discuss this with =)

Brad

Guest fatman_uk

People laugh at me when i say im frustrated with my acne... their response is always "please, its not bad at all!".

Any case is a BAD case, if it bugs u or pi$$es u off, for sure.

If it bothers u at all then it's worth addressin.

But i agree, any acne IS bad acne, lol. :D

-Gaz

I recommend Doing this one month before your wedding go on a prescription called bactrim its taken orally. It wil temporarly clear you up for the wedding and then go off of it because. For some reason the effectivness goes away after about 3 months. Trys dans regiment as well.

Guest fatman_uk

Hmm, so if i still had bad acne i could eat breakfast, have no sex an don't touch my face i'll get clear, eh? Hmmmm... ok's... lol

-Gaz