Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pakifairy

Acne on jawline and neck ! PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE

How do you know you are not allergic to citrus? Food allergies often develop later on in life. Not saying I don't believe you, but how do you know? I would get horrible cysts on my jawline, and after tons of research and trial and error on myself, I found that dairy was the culprit. Now I may get a little inflammation here and there, but it never forms a cyst, and there is virtually no pain or itching. I think it's actually old scar tissue acting up a little sometimes. My life is so much better. My guess is that you have some sort of food allergy if it's your jawline and the medication hasn't cleared you up after 2 years.

I am starting to think I may have a food allergy too.

I never had acne as a teen. I only got it in my late 20's and then worse when pregnant and after kids.

I have the classic hormonal kind - cysts on the jaw and cheeks.

But, BCP doesn't help (I was even on Yasmin and some others that are supposed to help). But, I also don't have any irregular hormonal issues otherwise. My natural cycle is like clockwork, super easy and no PMS. I had no problem getting pregnant (both times) and never seem to have any hormonal issues at all. So, in my thinking, that leaves allergy...

Also I have very allergic skin in general. The things I know I am allergic to (such as certain animals, mold, dust, a few pollens) give me little itchy rashes and sometimes make me breakout a bit from contact. About 10+ years ago I was getting allergy shots and they made my acne terrible, so I quit. Of course the allergy doctor told me it wasn't related, but it was obvious that it was.

I think I should get tested for food allergies, you can do it with a blood test.

I hope I am not allergic to anything really great, but if I am allergic to a food, it is likely to be something I eat regularly, so something I like.

Wow, Wynne, thanks for pointing that ingredient out...I had no idea that Sodium Laureth Sulfate was comedogenic (it's a 3 on the 5 point scale), I thought it was only an irritant. Well, I decided to check out another ingredient, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, and it's a 5 on the scale!!!! This means that the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and the Purpose Gentle Cleanser I have used could have been contributing to my breakouts, right? How much can a cleanser really clog pores?

yeah i wonder too

i think lots of my skin care products have this