Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onestyle

Whats a good way of covering it up for a few hours?

Well basically prom is coming up very very soon - What is a good way to try "hide" my acne during prom? Actually I'd say 'hide' is asking for too much, but you know, help make it less obvious? Without making it obvious that I tried to hide it (e.g. make up or wateva).

thx in advance.

maybe try using a light weight concealer with a powder over top? Are you prone to oily skin? How bad is your acne? I sometimes wear a translucent powder on my face and it really helps with the oilies as well as giving a bit more of an even tone. The translucent poder's great because you can't even tell your wearing it... You might also want to post over in the makeup forum and ask for tips over there

Guest This Is Bad

Well it depends on where it is. If it's on your forhead. I would try to grow out my hair to cover it up. Or yeah try the concealer. But for boys were make-up isn;t a huge problem at all.

I'd personally just try and lessen irritation of any kind for a few days before the prom. Not sure what regimen you're on now but it seems that people see results in redness and skin tone if they just lessen irritation and not touch or wash too much for a few days. Then again, I'm not sure what your skin situation is..

You could also try and find a soothing night cream to use before bed and that may just make things look calmer and less red and whatnot. If you have oily skin, maybe not a cream but you could try some kind of carbon or clay mask a night or 2 before your prom and oil blotting sheets throughout the night may help appearance. Also, as a spot treatment, Neosporin can help speed up the healing process on pimples that have been popped or have come to a head. Gently icing inflamed areas a few times a day can also help appearance.

I would stay away from concealer personally since I'm sure a ton of pictures will be taken in various lighting and it may be obvious if you just spot treat concealer in various areas. The best thing to do IMO would be to have very minimal irritation and friction on your skin for a few nights or even just a night before your prom and some areas may look calmer and less obvious by that night.

Well it depends on where it is. If it's on your forhead. I would try to grow out my hair to cover it up. Or yeah try the concealer. But for boys were make-up isn;t a huge problem at all.

I would bet 100$ that you are a girl. Make-up for boys is a huge problem as it is extremely noticeable even in tiny amounts.

My absolutely best tip would be to act as if it does not bother you one bit, and nobody else will notice it. I have met very confident people who I only later realized had quite bad acne. If you are shy and reserved your acne will stand out like a butt pirate at a KKK meet.

What I've found works best for me is mineral makeup. I can see a guy using it but you'd have to be VERY light handed with it. Get a color that is very close to your skin color. I use a very small amount on the darker spots and then do one light dusting on my whole face. OK...after this, I have a small spray bottle from CVS (they usually come in colors) and I mist my whole face and then lightly pad my face with the bristles from the brush. This makes it blend into your skin better and not look dusty. Give it a try.