Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strawberries

whole body treatment

I would like to start a new regimen treating my acne condition by healing my whole body.

I will concentrate on diet, exercise emotional, spiritual aspects of healing my whole body.

I am 27 year old female. I have had acne since i was 11. At 12 the Dr put my on antibotics, the only one that worked was Bactrim. I was on that till 19, than accutane. I went on my second round of accutane at 21. Than back on Bactrim till 25.

Topicals has never worked. I have tried them all. I have fair yellow complexion and my acne is mild/severe.

Diet= mainly vegetarian, some fish and eggs once in awhile. No wheat, no dairy, no sugar, no caffeine

Exercise=daily practice of 1 hour 30 min ashtanga yoga, minus moon days, lady's holiday i will do kundalini yoga

Emotional= daily practice of meditation 30 min to better ground myself, destress, and no react emotionaly but fully think things through, i will also not focus on negative thoughts including acne. therefor, i will only update this monthly. i will also not watch any news, suspense movies, or depressing shows

Spiritual= yoga+mediation, mantras

Will keep ya updated. :)

Good luck! I've just been prescribed Bactrim for a week for ocular problems, but I am hoping to stay on a maintenance dose if my skin shows any signs of clearing. What dosage were you on? Also, why did you go from Bactrim to Accutane the first time?

I'm thinking of revising my diet to something similar to yours. Easier said than done, I think...

All the best. =]

Good luck! I've just been prescribed Bactrim for a week for ocular problems, but I am hoping to stay on a maintenance dose if my skin shows any signs of clearing. What dosage were you on? Also, why did you go from Bactrim to Accutane the first time?

I'm thinking of revising my diet to something similar to yours. Easier said than done, I think...

All the best. =]

I'm going to have to start over.. I got food poisoning and had to slowly add carbs back ito my diet... ended up eating a cheese omlet and now an paying the price with a chin full of acne.

I also added Finacea gel as a topical, which seems to helping alot.

My skin has been pretty clear. Then I had a few stressful social events and bam acne.. i really need to work on managing my stress levels...

yes, i think diet plays a big role in acne but so does stress.

My skin is 75% clear. I'm still getting 2-3 pimples a day. I keep slipping on sunday and having little toast with breakfast. Just a bite... maybe thats doing it.

I've noticed since i quit using topical s and soap cleansers my skin is less oily and little blotchy and dry. I dont want to add moisturizer.. hopefully it will balance it self out on its own.

I've been using pangea organics cleanser. The first three weeks my skin liked it.. then it started to break out. The great thing about the cleanser is it cuts my oil production down.. way down.. i bought humpreys cleanser. It's another all natural one, gel based for sensitive skin. I used to for two days and wow my oil is back in full force. It seems like the stronger the cleanser, the more oil my skin produces to make up for it.

i think i'll go back to the pangea and just use the humpreys like once a week.

I also slipped on the diet and had pizza.. bad me.. it's so hard living in america, not having alot money, and eating healthy. The pizza not along caused a break out but it made me feel like total crap.

I also tried the homeopathic way using Nat Mur 30c. i read about it helping acne.. even though it says it;s for runny nose.. it's pretty much just table salt. i took the recommended dose and felt so strange.. almost like i had been poisoned. my boyfriend told me i smelled really weird too. i wont do that again.

A friend of mine told me noni juice helps her skin. i bought a bottle for $15 and ewwwwwwwwwww.. you take a shot of it. so far all that i read about it is it helps with pain. i do have slipped disk in my neck, so i'm gonna finish the bottle and get back to ya on that.

Hey Strawberries,

are you still practicing yoga and mediation? I'm also focusing on that route right now, also including regular cardio workouts....in terms of diet I severely limit my dairy and eat generally healthy but I still eat breads chocolate red wine, pretty much what i like that doesn't include dairy. In fact, I think a really restrictive diet was just stressing me out :) Now the only thing I have to worry about is dairy, and I don't worry about a little butter if i'm at a restaurant. My new belief (although I've gone through a few by now in my quest for clear skin :)) is that diet can be a contributor to acne, but it is secondary to stress, at least for me personally. So far, my skin is pretty clear with my reduced stress attitude. I'm afraid it will be difficult to maintain in very stressful times though, we'll see. Anyway I hope it's going well for you!

Yes, I'm still practing yoga and mediation. I'm going to do yoga teacher training next month.

Update on my regimen:

I have been doing raw diet.

I start my day out with green smoothie.. fresh fruit, kale, water, spoon of spirulina and chia.

I usually have green smoothie or plate of veggies for lunch

Dinner.. sushi, no rice, salad.

I'm using Boots acne wash.. it has willow bark. Also topical urine. I know it sounds gross and insane but it's working real nice. It helps to heal the skin. Since I'm eating so healthy my urine does not smell at all. Urea is in most cosmetics....

At the moment my skin has cleared up 80%

I got married, got a new job, and starting yoga school. Lots going on.... lots stress equals lots acne. booooo.

still doing raw diet, i've lost weight. feel better but my skin is looking the same.

im gonna give it another 6 months. If my acne is still here then it's back to the derm for some rx.

Update:

I found a great cleanser/mask topical. It's the only thing I have been doing and my skin looks great!

I mix redmond clay with goats milk. If you can get raw goats milk, use it. It's better. The clay sucks all the dirt,oil,pus out while the goats milk soothes and exfoliates.

I'm not using any cleanser. I do a light mask in the morning for 10 minutes and one at nite for 20. If i have any blemishes I spot treat it over nite.

my skin has never been this soft since i was a kid.

My skin has the pretty clear. Until last nite, I ate half of loaf of bread... today everytime I look in the mirror I see a new one pop up.. it's really inflammed cysts too...

I had been eating ezekiel bread for a few weeks with no breakouts.. so i figured bread was fine.... although the bread I ate was white, last nite.

So I tried whole wheat ezekil bread and have been dealing with breaks and Candidia. befor having the seseme one, with no problems. also noticed that using on clay as my cleanser is working nice.. so no more goats milk... it was costing too much too.

i've been using the mask about once a week and only washing my face with warm water and wash cloth at nite. my skin has never been so clear. less is more. i wish i tried these 10 years ago. I would of saved thousands.

also, i no longer look at my skin as acne or pimples.. if i get one i dont give it any attention and it goes away in a few days. i think once you name it or identify it you give it more power to spread.

So it's been a year since I started this treatment and I am clear.

I want to give up somethings that I feel made this happen.

1. No picking, absolutly not... I know how it is when you wake up and see a new one.. you think if i squeeze it will get it all out and go away. nope.. it just spreads or takes longer to heal

2. no caffeine... i do drink green tea, sometimes i'll have decaf but straight coffee makes your body go into flight or fight mode causing stress/hormone imbalances

3. eat mostly fresh organic produce, nuts, whole grains, wild salmon, organic chicken

4. no processed prepacked food

5. avoid sugar

6. exercise.. not talking about walking.. you need to be sweating for atleast 30 minutes a day

7. be thoughtful while your eatting.. i know we cant always eat raw organic food.. sometime your at a party and there's cake, chips, hot dogs.... enjoy it.. dont think omg i'm eating now and tommorow i'm gonna be all broken out.. cause your eatting your thought too.. just enjoy yourself.. it's all about moderation. i've eating milks, cakes, chips and nothing happened simply cause of my thought process.

8. no skin products.... i use water and clean wash cloth only.. once a week i'll do a bentonite mask

no makeup, no sunscreen...(wear wide rimmed hat large glasses) i do wear sunscreen if i'm going to be outside for more than 15minutes.. but no daily facial sunscreen

9. understand that you are not diseased, sick... forget the word acne, pimple, blackhead.... know that words are just that words.. form is real words are just ideas to explain form

10. stress managment... spend atleast 30 min a day being still and quiet... break it up.. spend 5 minutes in the morning sipping tea watching the sunrise... 5 minutes sitting in silience before work in your car.. meditation is great spend atleast 10 minutes in silence focusing on your inner stillness..

yoga has been my stress managment and excercise.. i do anywhere from 30min - 2 hours a day

11. love yourself just as you are. you are a beautiful being inside and out. treat yourself like the god you are. if you doubt it,, fake it until you believe it yourself

these are in no order.. just things that have made a difference..

as someone who had infected, red, oily face for most of her life.. now clear.. little oily but even toned

remember it takes time, patience, forgetting all about it.. pretty much. which might been not being on these boards, not worrying about your appreance, not being critical of yourself or others skin