Notifications
Clear all

Waxing while on Accutane

MemberMember
(@kcp)

Posted : 05/07/2008 10:52 am

Has anyone ever gotten their eyebrows waxed while on Accutane? I am afraid I won't be able to get my eyebrows done before my wedding...

MemberMember
(@tooshort)

Posted : 05/07/2008 11:40 am

DONT DO IT! Worse case scenaro, you may rip some of the top layer of skin... Most likely scenario, your brows will be severely red. How does the rest of your skin feel and how long have you been on Tane?

MemberMember
(@siava)

Posted : 05/07/2008 11:56 am

I highly recommend you don't do this. You can still have your eyebrows done professionally, but they'll need to be plucked vs. waxed.

MemberMember
(@kcp)

Posted : 05/07/2008 12:06 pm

DONT DO IT! Worse case scenaro, you may rip some of the top layer of skin... Most likely scenario, your brows will be severely red. How does the rest of your skin feel and how long have you been on Tane?

Well I haven't started accutane yet. Guess I should get them done before I start... Then afterwards I will just pluck. Not looking forward to that.

MemberMember
(@mandirose)

Posted : 05/07/2008 11:00 pm

Have you ever heard of threading? Basically someone twirls a doubled up thread over the area and it pulls the hair out. It's essentially like plucking but on a wider scale. Try to see if anywhere in your area does that.

It's a Middle Eastern technique so try looking for an Indian or Muslim salon near you and see if they offer that.

It hurts fairly badly, and it turns my skin red for a few hours but the result is fantastic. And it doesn't tear your skin.

Good luck! And congrats on getting married! :)

MemberMember
(@kcp)

Posted : 05/08/2008 7:50 am

Have you ever heard of threading? Basically someone twirls a doubled up thread over the area and it pulls the hair out. It's essentially like plucking but on a wider scale. Try to see if anywhere in your area does that.

It's a Middle Eastern technique so try looking for an Indian or Muslim salon near you and see if they offer that.

It hurts fairly badly, and it turns my skin red for a few hours but the result is fantastic. And it doesn't tear your skin.

Good luck! And congrats on getting married! :)

Thanks so much! I have heard about threading before, but I never heard of it by where I live. Its sounds pretty uncomfortable, but you gotta do what you gotta do right?

MemberMember
(@alyssa-m)

Posted : 05/10/2008 4:15 am

DON'T DO IT!!!!

I was on Retin-A, not even Accutane, a few weeks ago when I tried waxing my upper lip. It was disastrous. It ripped off a layer of my skin and I had this huge red shiny scar like patch on one side of my upper lip area for 4 days! It didn't cover with any kind of make-up (I'm a queen of cover up) and I got the weirdest stares from everyone! Like someone suggested, try threading. It's a faster method than plucking and slightly less painful. It's becoming more and more popular. Where are you located? Maybe someone on this site can direct you to a salon.

MemberMember
(@louaira)

Posted : 10/29/2015 9:05 am

DON'T DO IT!!!!

I was on Retin-A, not even Accutane, a few weeks ago when I tried waxing my upper lip. It was disastrous. It ripped off a layer of my skin and I had this huge red shiny scar like patch on one side of my upper lip area for 4 days! It didn't cover with any kind of make-up (I'm a queen of cover up) and I got the weirdest stares from everyone! Like someone suggested, try threading. It's a faster method than plucking and slightly less painful. It's becoming more and more popular. Where are you located? Maybe someone on this site can direct you to a salon.

hi i have done something very similar but this is on my eyebrows I used tape to 'wax'them and for a few hours they were a shiny red. After 3 days they are a bit rough.. and still red where the tape was. . How do I fix this so the mark goes away??!??!?!?!?

MemberMember
(@steph_123)

Posted : 09/18/2016 4:34 pm

I accidentally waxed my eyebrows and now i have red marks around my eyebrows. What can i do to get rid of them?