Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DCCZ

Regimen Gone Sour After 2 Weeks! HELP!

Hey people,

I was on the Regimen for 2 weeks. I would do a 10 second gentle cleanse with tea tree oil cleanser, wait 10 minutes, following by a ProActiv Renewing Cleanser wash (contains BP), and finally moisturized.

At first, I started breaking out like mad, but by the middle of the second week my acne really started clearing up.

The problem hit right at the end of the second week. I left the ProActiv Renewing Cleanser on a little too long (15 min. instead of 5) in the morning. In the evening, I noticed my skin was red and dry. Next day, Monday, my skin was incredibly dry, incredibly red, and very flaky. I had to use TONS of moisturizer just to keep my face from peeling off. I immediately stopped using the tee tree oil and ProActiv cleanser.

By Tuesday my skin felt like leather and I had developed red marks all over my mouth area. It resembles acne scars, but this makes no sense as I have acne along my jaw line and chin rather than the mouth area. My neck is also very very red, going almost half-way to my shoulders! Now, Wednesday, my face hasn't improved at all. I took a sick day at school because I have to keep moisturizing every hour and my face resembles one giant flake ball.

Is this a rash that can develop from over-using the product, or am I dealing with something more severe? Will the redness and dryness go away, and does any one have a solution to this problem?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Ok, you're washing your face way too much. Are you using dan's gel? I think it may be the proactive cleanser. You should only be washing your face morning and night. It should take no longer then a minute to cleanse and then wash it off with water. I suggest to stop using the products because they're too harsh on your skin which is why your face is red and dry. Just cleanse and moisturize for now until your face is normal again which I think will take about a few days to a week then start doing dan's regimen and see how that goes.

Ok, you're washing your face way too much. Are you using dan's gel? I think it may be the proactive cleanser. You should only be washing your face morning and night. It should take no longer then a minute to cleanse and then wash it off with water. I suggest to stop using the products because they're too harsh on your skin which is why your face is red and dry. Just cleanse and moisturize for now until your face is normal again which I think will take about a few days to a week then start doing dan's regimen and see how that goes.

this is why its best to follow the regimen as closely as possible. try sticking with the recommended products

i think you're over medicating your skin... the combination of tea tree oil, bp in the proactiv cleanser, and the exfoliation of the proactiv cleanser is probably just too much for you. in my opinion, the proactiv cleanser is much too irritating. when i used the proactiv system (which never cleared me up,) i had a really hard time using this. it was too much for my skin, but i kept at it hoping i would clear.

what you're doing right now is not the regimen and could be attributing to your lack of success. (sorry, i'm just trying to help.) you need to substitute the tea tree oil cleanser with a mild, non-medicated cleanser, dispose of the proactiv cleanser and use a 2.5% bp gel instead, and moisturize.

You are following *a* regimen, but not *the* Regimen.

gentle cleanser

2.5% BP

moisturiser

^ Exactly!

The regimen uses a non-medicated gentle cleanser, a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide leave-on gel or cream, and a moisturizer.

If you think this is an allergic type rash, discontinue everything. If you want to start again in a few days, get the right products and start out slowly with a very small amount of bp.

You over medicated. That happened to me and it was stupid being in that mindset.

I'm just still recovering from it. And i don't wish it on anyone. Just be gentle to your skin. As GENTLE as possible.

It's best to do the most minimal regimen with the most gentle ingredients possible. I think the skin retaliates and raises hell when it's aggravated too much.