Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rocket-rob

Not going to give in anymore to this..join my pledge:)

I make a pledge. And you can join me if you want:) From now on im going stop myself loathing, hating myself I have an awful lot to offer to the world I was suical after one breakout i wanted to end it, and that was it for me I either fight this or give up and im going fight it. I watched my favorite film the elephant man the other day and it really inspired me. Joesph Merrick was a beautiful individual who had the most horrible facial deformity imaginable. Yet he was so bravce and was full of dignity despite the cruelilty of simple minded people towards him. His poetry brought me to tears. My main point is It seems to me I was one of the many people who had simply given up to the ridiculous standards the world sets us of how we must appear. Western and indeed worldwide culture has a lot to do with this. We are bombarded with advertisements everywhere one how we must appear to be socially acceptable. Mainly by cosmetics companies who want to take our money. That is BULLSHIT. Surely there’s more to humanity than that?.

Sure acne can in extreme forms detract from your physical appearance but as a few people on ere have pointed out it cannot take away all of your looks. Most people have redeeming features be it there eyes,hair,smile,body etc. The key to change is self belief, the belief that your are worth something to the world that one day when you get over this disease you’ll look back and think that it made you a stronger person. People who mock you are not real people they have subscribed to this idea that looks mean everything. They are what is wrong with society. Sure we all want to look good but there are more important things than looking good. These people are vacuous and not worth your time.

Anyway back to my pledge. Im going stop worringing about what other people think and develop my self, develop my confidese, and self esteem love myself again. Once thats back in place everything else will follow girls, life satisfaction, everything. Of course I will keep treating my acne but im no longer going to all consumed by it its taken enough time out of my life already and it wont take anymore. Please people who feel like me take my pledge I hate to think that so many people have felt like I have it breaks my heart. Lets be strong in the face of adversity and when were older we can look back on this and say "ive conquered this and look at me now" :)

You know, I think committing suicide after a bad breakout would be the worst thing...bc I mean, who would want to be remembered like THAT... -random comment-

P.S. If you just search youtube, you can find a million videos on how to use Photoshop and they show you how they turn a 45-year-old washout (no offense 45-year-olds) look like a 19-year-old babe.

Good post!!!

Thank you for posting this... i have been so down lately it is getting a little rediculous... seems like acne is starting to control my life which is pretty sad... im gonna try my best not to let it..

thats a really inspiring post, thank you for posting it. i agree completely with what you say, acne is our challenge and i would far rather be able to look back on it as a positive thing in my life that made me into a stronger, kinder, less judgemental person than just look back with sadness. its so true that whatever doesnt kill us only makes us stronger. good luck to everyone