Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vella

From covered in spots to 100% clear in four months

Hi guys. Not sure if any of you remember me, I used to come on this board a lot over Christmas. Like you, my skin was ruining my life! (I'm nearly 24)

Just wanted to really let you know how I was getting on.

Well, the mandelic acid has really turned my life around. January this year, my skin was horrific. Wish I'd taken pix. Covered in small bumps, and those huge spots under the skin. Had even begun getting bad acne round my hairline and on my cheeks which I'd never had before.

Was on dianette for the second time and it wasn't working. Every day I woke up with a new spot. Had tried various things in the past which had worked but worn off.

Well, the mandelic acid popped through the post (I used Diane Yvonne- probably not spelt right) and I chucked out my roll on antiobiotics and used that instead. Thsi was around end Jan) After three weeks my skin was really clearing, flaky but good. Then it hit a wall and didn't improve much after about two months. So I added green cream for those days I needed a boost. Only used it once/twice a week. Mandelic acid twice a week plus SPF moisturiser. Then used the odd glycolic peel too to clear red marks.

Suddenly my skin just started looking really really clear. Couldn't believe it. The red marks faded (they're VERY faint now) but I was left with minor pitting on my chin and jawline but it doesn't show much.

Now I actually leave the house without foundation! I came off dianette about three months ago, and I don't use any other peels or green cream etc. Just mandelic wice daily. I swapped to a cheaper brand of mandelic acid from eBay after Dianna Yvonne wacked their prices up. It works just as well. I get loads of compliments on my skin again and actually like what I see when I take my makeup off at the end of the day (as opposed to crying like I used to) plus I can eat choc/beer/bread without worrying!

Seriously, I know everyone's saying this but give it a try. I can't even remember the last time I had a spot!

x

I don't know much about mandelic acid.. can you please explain what it is and how it may have worked?

I don't know much about mandelic acid.. can you please explain what it is and how it may have worked?

Hi there,

There's tonnes of stuff on these pages which explains how it works so it's worth looking through the archives. But basicially it's a acid derived from the sweet almond and works by getting rid of the top layers of skin, regulates oil production and apparently it's also antibacterial. It's kind of like a thick liquid (serum)

x