Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aussieaussieaussie

red pitted, permanent?

I have some minor red marks left from acne (wasn't severe), but when close up to a mirror with my skin shining form the sunlight they look alittle pitted but only where the red marks are.

I don't have any pictures. But I was wondering will these small pitted marks fade when the red marks do are the red marks just making it look worse? You can only really see the small indents (minor) when facing sunlight directly.

Red marks will fade, but I'm afraid to say, pitted mark won't unless you get it treated.

Small pitted marks can be treated with simple surgery and it won't cost that much though. Besides, many people just live with it because it can't be seen unless you look really closely, and you can hide it with proper makeup.

You don't have to worry about it that much.

Shallow scars are easily dealt with... acids, retinoids, peels... or maybe try fraxel. I also have shallow scarring but i know one day it could be dealt with.

Shallow scars are easily dealt with... acids, retinoids, peels... or maybe try fraxel. I also have shallow scarring but i know one day it could be dealt with.

Hi fellas,

thanks for the replies, appreciate it. I have been using a 25% glycolic acid and it seems working great it is working on them small pitted scars, they were very minor to start out tho, and the red marks are fading fast (using neutrongena advanced fading peel then eventone glyco peel, i use them one day then the other the other day), I dont have sensitive skin tho so I can get away with this.