Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just want to ask, what do you do to take your mind off things, i.e. having acne and how often do you think of it during the day? I think of it almost all the time when I'm out and about because I notice people looking at me and I immediately assume they're thinking "urgh, wash your face" or something like that... Hmm... Also, when you're feeling down about having acne and you feeling convinced that acne has completely ruined your life forever, how do you pick yourself up again? How do you convince yourself that you ARE just as good as everyone else, despite having acne? Or don't you? I tend to think that it could be worse. A LOT worse. But I have good and bad days and I guess everyone here does too. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this. Thanks. :)

I had a problem at first like anyone. I was upset, thought I couldn't grow out of it. It might sound crazy, but I used to see what I would look like without the blemishes and everything by editing my photos like anyone would. That would motivate me to reach my goal of perfect skin. And what's weird is after I got here, I'm suddenly paying more attention to my skin. I don't know yet if that's a gift or curse, but I'm feeling better about my appearance. And one more thing, I would tell myself that I could be a lot worse with a severe problem and that helps too.

i just listen to music or watch funny comedy programs etc.

also just chatting with a bro or sis would be good and having a luagh in general..

Also dont touch or examine your face all the time ,, i do that and end up hiding indoors for days if i get breakout.

I find myself thinking about it when I first go out in public doing errands and whatnot, but after a while I just stop thinking about it. And I smile lots! When people smile back at me I find it really, really comforting. I don't know why. Acne doesn't make anybody a lesser person in my eyes. :D So I apply the same ideals when it comes to myself, I suppose. We all have so many awesome things about us that we don't even realize, because we're too busy worrying about what people think of our faces. Anybody who shuns you for how you look isn't worth wasting any time worrying about, anyway.

When I'm feeling terrible about it, I distract myself with something that I know will pick me up. Painting, listening to music, reading, stuff like that... I've also found that crosswords and word finds are good, basically any kind of puzzle that occupies your mind, help too. :D And when all else fails... vent, vent, vent. :P

i hide at home making excuses not to see my gf, like im doing a family thing or got revision to do when infact im not seeing her cause i dont want her to see my puss on my face. it sucks

I used to get a lot of crap from people for my acne when I was in highschool, sometimes it got to me really badly. I would edit my photos and wear makeup (even though I am very allergic to it, wearing it would be quite a painful experience). Once I got out of highschool (well actually, around grade 11 I was doing correspondance so I no longer had to deal with the social BS that highschool entails). Anyways, being an adult really does help a lot. I haven't gotten any comments about my acne (it's mild but still noticeable) in a long time. The only time I get crap is when highschool aged kids look at my photos online and tell me I need to wear makeup.

Overall I just ignore it. I will look in the mirror to do my hair and just go off, I don't spend a lot of time freaking out in front of it. Although, sometimes I get stressed when I have to pluck my eyebrows.. then I have to look at the acne closeup lol. Not having to do makeup or anything like that keeps me away from the mirror, where my insecurities will kick in.

But above all, the thing that has helped the most is just being happy and confident. If you look like you are happy with yourself, then people will pick up on that. If you look like you absolutely hate yourself and are miserable, people will notice.. and they will start noticing your flaws a lot more. I can't say that I'm 100% happy with myself and that I don't get upset, I do sometimes, but I try to never let people I don't know/trust see that.

And just so you know: I have friends and I'm getting married soon. Acne doesn't have to stand in the way of these things at all. Some people think that you can't have friends or a significant other because people will think you're too ugly (or such) but that's not true at all!

Oh yes, some of the best people I know have acne or other physical problems. I think experiencing some bad times has made them better people :)

Guest missyjean130

Well basically I live very isolated...and am homeschooled, so I rarely get out the house anymore. That being said I've turn the org, reading,music,gaming..especially gaming. It's an escape from reality.

When I'm able to drive I'm going to go out with friends more often, they help me so much.

i just concentrate on my education..i feel like such a hyprocrite sometimes though. when i had severe acne i was nice to everyone. i was introverted or anything. i stood up for myself... and i promised i never would be mean to someone who didn't deserve it. but now that i'm clearing up i find myself laughing at mean jokes that other people make about other people behind their back and doing mean things. i remember all the mean things i've done too. i try so hard to be nice. people aren't born nice they actually have to make an effort to be. sorry to get off topic.

Friends can always take your mind off things, even though my acne is pretty much gone I find it hard to be who I was before.

And walking. Moving just takes my mind off things.

Guest missyjean130
Friends can always take your mind off things, even though my acne is pretty much gone I find it hard to be who I was before.

And walking. Moving just takes my mind off things.

I dont look in mirrors or anything that shows a reflection. Never ever.

But if i'm feeling down about it... I'll come on here, talk to God, or listen to music. Or often times a combo of all three! haha