Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am coming to the end of my three month trial of Retin-A.

Throughout the time I have been using retin-A, my face has cleared up considerably. The main thing I noticed is that my break outs came to a complete stop. Before I used retin-a, I was getting breakouts daily that would last for a few days, and leave red marks. My breakouts have decreased, though it did make my overall tone redder.

I've recently started breaking out more-mainly small zits, but still breakouts that are red marks for a while. I'm fairly positive if I stop retin-a, my breakouts will continue again. I'm planning to keep using retin-a for another 3 more months, but should I check up with the derm about these recent break outs?

I am coming to the end of my three month trial of Retin-A.

Throughout the time I have been using retin-A, my face has cleared up considerably. The main thing I noticed is that my break outs came to a complete stop. Before I used retin-a, I was getting breakouts daily that would last for a few days, and leave red marks. My breakouts have decreased, though it did make my overall tone redder.

I've recently started breaking out more-mainly small zits, but still breakouts that are red marks for a while. I'm fairly positive if I stop retin-a, my breakouts will continue again. I'm planning to keep using retin-a for another 3 more months, but should I check up with the derm about these recent break outs?

Just don't start skipping days or you will break out again.

And only apply it where u get acne, as i learned putting it all over my face only casuses more breakouts in areas i never got acne in the first place.

I actually disagree. I think it works better if you use it every other night, and it's NOT a good idea to just spot treat. That defeats the purpose of this stuff. It even says it on their web site. I guess everyone's different though :think:

I used to be on retin-a .1% and i found that it didn't do a whole lot for my acne but it made my face extremely red and irritated...so now i apply it once every other night. DO NOT just spot treat, retin-a wont do much for clearing up pimples you already have-it works by increasing the rate your skin cells turn over, which means it helps prevent new pimples from forming and refines the texture of your skin (it may get rid of red marks faster too). So you have to use it all over your face for it to work the way its intended to. if you have any irritation though, i recommend making sure you aren't putting on too much and and maybe not put it one every night