Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stah99

Accutane didnt work.. what about the Regimen??

So let me start by saying I just stumbled upon this site and was somewhat curious. The Regimen seems so simple but really seems like it might just work. Ive never had horrible acne, but I have been on Accutane twice already and I am 24. Both times I was on it it cleared up my skin for a little over a year, and my skin was flawless. Well now here is the problem. Should I give this a try and see if I get any results or should I attempt to get back on the Accutane as soon as possible. The problem with the Accutane is I have a government job which makes getting on it kindof an issue. I would much rather try this simple yet promising alternative. Anyone have any advice for me?

I don't see where you could go wrong with at least trying the Regimen. It seems to me to be the path of least resistence, so to speak.

I don't see where you could go wrong with at least trying the Regimen. It seems to me to be the path of least resistence, so to speak.

So I started the regimen a couple days ago, and literally within 2 days my face was completely clear. Im shocked. No horrible side effects like from acctutane, no nasty chemicals, just the gentle face wash, BP, then moisturize. Seriously though my face looks great now and im convinced Dan is definitely the man. Hopefully it continues to work this well and my face stays clear! I really should have taken a picture last week and a picture today, its amazing.

So this is funny.

My face was totally clear for about 3-4 days, and I mean completely clear. When i got home from work tonight my face had broken out, probably 2 large pimples and several small ones. This morning when I did the regimen I was late for work so all i got to do was wash my face and then immediatly apply the BP. Im wondering if this, along with the partying I did this weekend, which caused me to not exactly do the regimen in 12 hour intervals contributed to this. I know it takes time with many months of being on it to really see the results.. but DAMN my face looked good this weekend. As good as right when I got off of the Accutane. Almost as if I had never had any acne at all.. in fact alot of people commented on how good my face looked. Its actually kindof discouraging to be let down like this. Im guessing the only thing I can really do about it is continue on with the regimen, hoping my face will look good again.

By the way, to all of you who post on this its very encouraging to read your thoughts. I've been spending a little bit of time reading though alot of the posts on here. There really is ALOT of information on this site and I think its great.

I am glad it's working for you. I also started a few weeks ago and have so far had good results.

Your recent brakeout might just be due to you partying. While I (seriously) found that beer actually seems to improve my skin (yeast???), partying, little sleep, cigarette smoke etc. make everything worse.

Keep on trying. Is dryness an issue for you?

So far the dryness isn't really too big of an issue. My face is dry dont get me wrong but so far it isnt nearly as bad as when I was on the Accutane. My lips arent dry either, which is great. Nothing like being a guy and putting so much chapstick on it looks like you have lip gloss on all the time. But as far as the partying, lack of sleep, cigarette smoke goes.. it probably doesnt help at all. I think im going to try to avoid it as much as possible this summer, as hard as that may be. haha.

its so common to have a few up and down patches on the regimen in the beginning, so i wouldnt beat yourself up too much! the bp tends to dry out acne at the start which makes it look better but then after a few days all the spots that were just lurking under the surface begin to show themselves, the bp is pretty much powerless against these because they're already fully formed. im not sure about post accutane treatment but you may find this happens again a couple of times so try not to get discouraged. and certainly dont let it stop you enjoying yourself! the regimen doesnt need to be done too strictly at 12hr intervals, as long as its twice a day. and while some studies have shown cigarettes to increase acne i dont think there's much evidence about alcohol. good luck!