Notifications
Clear all

Im CONFIDENT Silicone injections was the best decision Ive made for my acne scarring.

MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/06/2008 11:32 pm

Guys and gals, I've suffered from acne scarring for far too long and researched all too much to B.S. anyone about miscellaneous cures for acne scarring. I've been a respected member of this site for years and have always documented my treatments in detail. I was one of the first to have a full face dermabrasion with Dr. Yarbrough, I was one of the first to go in for fraxel treatments, I documented with photos my TCA cross sessions, and I've also dabbled around with temporary fillers, letting you guys know my impressions. In a nut shell, you name it, Ive done it.

This leads me to my next point: Hands down I have not seen results anywhere close to what I have seen with silicone injections. I'm so stoked about this procedure that I've decided to keep a journal on my progress with pics documenting my progress. Keep in mind that my scarring was somewhat severe post Accutane.

First thing I've come to realize as well as many other acne scar sufferers is that choosing the right doctor is key. How many times have we seen posts on acne.org stating that doctors don't understand the mental affects scarring has on us, and just run us through a mill of treatments blindly. I was sick of how previous doctors I went to fed me false hope while looking at my wallet, not to mention they didn't have the track record to back it up. This was the first issue I was going to address.

I did a lot of research, even going as far as searching on youtube for doctors who correct acne scars. Heaven knows its so unlike me to talk about a doctor in my posts but I feel very fortunate I ran into Dr. Samuel Lams videos. The man just struck me as a knowledgeable individual with integrity who tells it like it is (If anyone is interested in his videos they can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/samlammd) . If you do a little bit of research on Dr. Lam he's been on countless t.v. shows explaining scar revision as well as authoring 3 books on the subject.

I immediately set up a consultation with Dr. Lam and his staff in Dallas, Texas. I didnt know what to expect when I got there, but I was quickly put at ease by his staff. These people go above and beyond what is called for to make you feel comfortable. The ladies at the front desk are extremely personable and friendly people. After filling out the paper work I met Dr. Lam who I could talk to like one of the guys, I almost thought he was going to offer me a beer, hah. He doesn't put on the typical doctor front, he's a down to earth guy who talks to you like a person, rather then a patient. He doesn't promise me outrageous results, he just lets me see the outrageous results after each treatment. What I like most about Dr. Lam is he's not scared and he's confident enough to INJECT THE SILICONE! I hear so many stories about people not seeing results because the doctors hardly inject the patient, screw that! When you see Dr. Lam you'll quickly realize your getting what you payed for.

To make a long story short I've had 3 treatments of silicone micro injection and each time my scarring is significantly reduced. I cant wait to show you guys the results. I have one other silicone injection treatment scheduled for next month to make it my 4th and hopefully last treatment. If I could put a finger on it I'd say Im seeing close to 25% improvement each session.

For now, I'll just show you the before pics of my rolling scars on both sides of my mouth and cheeks, under harsh lighting, and before any silicone injections. Come June after my next treatment, I'll show you the after pics.

Feel free to message me with any questions you may have or reply to this post. I will keep you guys updated on my progress every other day or so.

post-11214-1210180536_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1210180577_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1210180596_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1210180635_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1210181108_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1210180536_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1210180577_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1210180596_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1210180635_thumb.jpg

post-11214-1210181108_thumb.jpg

Froyosh liked
MemberMember
(@prixton)

Posted : 05/06/2008 11:43 pm

The after pic looks really good, but of course the before pic would be very helpful ;)

I am curious how much each session costs?

MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/06/2008 11:52 pm

The after pic looks really good, but of course the before pic would be very helpful ;)

MemberMember
(@naitch)

Posted : 05/07/2008 12:12 am

Make sure you have the same amount of lighting on the after pic. Are silicone injections permanent?

MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/07/2008 1:15 am

Make sure you have the same amount of lighting on the after pic. Are silicone injections permanent?
MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/07/2008 10:45 am

hey guys,

since having my 3rd silicone injection yesterday, the swelling has gone down dramatically if not entirely. Just a few little small prick halls from the needle. everything looks great so far. I will have pics shortly. If you have any ques feel free to ask.

MemberMember
(@prixton)

Posted : 05/07/2008 11:14 am

I have yet too add a after pic. the pic I posted is my BEFORE pic. Wait till you see the after pic, you will be impressed.

As far as pricing goes, it differs on how many scars you have injected, it would probably be best if you contact Dr. Lam about that one, but its around 600-700 for full face. Wish I would of known about this way back when instead of blowing 3x's this amount on procedures that gave me very little results.

MemberMember
(@___christina)

Posted : 05/07/2008 12:08 pm

Guys and gals, I've suffered from acne scarring for far too long and researched all too much to B.S. anyone about miscellaneous cures for acne scarring. I've been a respected member of this site for years and have always documented my treatments in detail. I was one of the first to have a full face dermabrasion with Dr. Yarbrough, I was one of the first to go in for fraxel treatments, I documented with photos my TCA cross sessions, and I've also dabbled around with temporary fillers, letting you guys know my impressions. In a nut shell, you name it, Ive done it.

This leads me to my next point: Hands down I have not seen results anywhere close to what I have seen with silicone injections. I'm so stoked about this procedure that I've decided to keep a journal on my progress with pics documenting my progress. Keep in mind that my scarring was somewhat severe post Accutane.

First thing I've come to realize as well as many other acne scar sufferers is that choosing the right doctor is key. How many times have we seen posts on acne.org stating that doctors don't understand the mental affects scarring has on us, and just run us through a mill of treatments blindly. I was sick of how previous doctors I went to fed me false hope while looking at my wallet, not to mention they didn't have the track record to back it up. This was the first issue I was going to address.

I did a lot of research, even going as far as searching on youtube for doctors who correct acne scars. Heaven knows its so unlike me to talk about a doctor in my posts but I feel very fortunate I ran into Dr. Samuel Lams videos. The man just struck me as a knowledgeable individual with integrity who tells it like it is (If anyone is interested in his videos they can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/samlammd) . If you do a little bit of research on Dr. Lam he's been on countless t.v. shows explaining scar revision as well as authoring 3 books on the subject.

I immediately set up a consultation with Dr. Lam and his staff in Dallas, Texas. I didnt know what to expect when I got there, but I was quickly put at ease by his staff. These people go above and beyond what is called for to make you feel comfortable. The ladies at the front desk are extremely personable and friendly people. After filling out the paper work I met Dr. Lam who I could talk to like one of the guys, I almost thought he was going to offer me a beer, hah. He doesn't put on the typical doctor front, he's a down to earth guy who talks to you like a person, rather then a patient. He doesn't promise me outrageous results, he just lets me see the outrageous results after each treatment. What I like most about Dr. Lam is he's not scared and he's confident enough to INJECT THE SILICONE! I hear so many stories about people not seeing results because the doctors hardly inject the patient, screw that! When you see Dr. Lam you'll quickly realize your getting what you payed for.

To make a long story short I've had 3 treatments of silicone micro injection and each time my scarring is significantly reduced. I cant wait to show you guys the results. I have one other silicone injection treatment scheduled for next month to make it my 4th and hopefully last treatment. If I could put a finger on it I'd say Im seeing close to 25% improvement each session.

For now, I'll just show you the before pics of my rolling scars on both sides of my mouth, under harsh lighting, and before any silicone injections. Come June after my next treatment, I'll show you the after pics.

I'm going to see if I can get the "professional quality" before pics that Dr. Lam took of me next visit so you guys will have a better understanding of my improvement.

Feel free to message me with any questions you may have or reply to this post. I will keep you guys updated on my progress every other day or so.

MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/07/2008 12:22 pm

Thats a hell of a before picture. I dont see anything wrong.
MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/07/2008 5:06 pm

im here to answer any questions, feel free to ask.

MemberMember
(@leontx)

Posted : 05/07/2008 5:33 pm

MemberMember
(@pakifairy)

Posted : 05/07/2008 5:45 pm

well this is awesome for you but will ti hgelp with epopel with boxcar, rolling, and icepick scars?

MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/07/2008 6:41 pm

Hello, drewboy

I'm so happy for you!!! It's fantastic that you got great result, although it doesn't seem like your scars were that bad based on your BEFORE pics. :)

Was Dr. Lam the first doctor you went to for silicone injection? I remember you had a few done by Dr. Alkek sometime ago. Did you see good result from the previous procedure? How would you compare the two? Who do you prefer?

Your input will be very important for me since I live in Dallas. I have made up my mind to get silicone injection done, but need to decide who to go to.

Thanks a million,

--Leon

MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/07/2008 6:49 pm

well this is awesome for you but will ti hgelp with epopel with boxcar, rolling, and icepick scars?
MemberMember
(@pakifairy)

Posted : 05/07/2008 7:02 pm

pakifairy, do a stretch test. Stretch your skin and if the scars disappear usually silicone can greatly reduce their appearance.

I know first hand silicone will help rolling scars, it has eliminated most of my rolling scars in just 3 treatments. I don't think it will help icepick scarring, I'll have to ask when I go in for my 4th treatment.

As far as box scars go, watch Dr. Lams videos on silicone injection, it explains how silicone can greatly reduce the appearance of box scars.

feel free to ask any more questions. Im keeping this thread updated as Im very excited about my results.

MemberMember
(@leontx)

Posted : 05/07/2008 9:01 pm

drewboy,

Thanks a lot for your very informational reply!! Dr Lam does sound like an excellent Doctor. I really like the way he explains things. The little concern I had before was that he is too young or should i say not old enough. :) But after reading your post, I believe he is simply a very smart and talented guy. He just doesn't need to have 20 or 30 years of experience to be a top doctor.

How is your recovery going this time? If i have the injection done on Friday afternoon, do you think I'd be able to go to work on Monday without people noticing anything different on my face? How long is the numbing process? Do you need to do any special care after the injection?

Thanks,

pakifairy,

For ice pick scarring, TCA crossing could help. There are many posts here discussing about it. It's also talked in Dr. Lam's video.

--Leon

MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/07/2008 10:47 pm

Leon, I think anyone who graduates from Yale is talented. I mean seriously..I hardly made it through 10th grade math.

recovery is going great! Dude I went out the night I had the injections done, no one noticed. The swelling goes down in a day and your left with little, small injection sites, no big deal at all. You get the added benefit of seeing quick results as well as the silicone is a permanent filler.

20 minutes is all it takes for the numbing process to take effect. You cant feel the injections all that much. With Dr. Alkek I was begging for mercy because I wasn't numbed.

No precautions are necessary for silicone injections. The only thing Dr. Lam somewhat stresses is to avoid frowning, smiling, or sleeping on your face for the first 48 hours.

Dude, I havn't been this confident with my appearance for a good while. Wish I could share this feeling with everyone.

Anymore questions feel free to ask.

Pakifairy,

Like Leon stated, TCA cross is a good alternative for icepicks.

MemberMember
(@chickybabe88)

Posted : 05/07/2008 10:56 pm

were your scars a lot worse before you had yhose ablative surgeries? i am going in for fraxel re:pair and its the new co2 ablative just wondering if its a waste of time. when you researched did you find a lot of docs that do these injections?

anyways thanks for your insight glad you are making great changes...

don't smile isn't that hard after a great result.....

MemberMember
(@naitch)

Posted : 05/08/2008 2:23 am

I've read many articles that silicione injections can be fatal. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSCOL05920520061130

MemberMember
(@bug)

Posted : 05/08/2008 3:30 am

hi drewboy. 1st, thanks for doing this (answering questions) for us.

what's the waiting time like to get an appointment? i'm way north of tx and i'll be taking summer classes w/ breaks in between. but i'm willing to fly down there and do this.

also, if i got a hotel room, do you think like 3 days would be ok? thanks.

oh ya, can you do the jaw line and below? and, can you feel any lumps underneath?

MemberMember
(@leontx)

Posted : 05/08/2008 7:54 am

I've read many articles that silicione injections can be fatal. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSCOL05920520061130
MemberMember
(@leontx)

Posted : 05/08/2008 8:03 am

Leon, I think anyone who graduates from Yale is talented. I mean seriously..I hardly made it through 10th grade math.

recovery is going great! Dude I went out the night I had the injections done, no one noticed. The swelling goes down in a day and your left with little, small injection sites, no big deal at all. You get the added benefit of seeing quick results as well as the silicone is a permanent filler.

20 minutes is all it takes for the numbing process to take effect. You cant feel the injections all that much. With Dr. Alkek I was begging for mercy because I wasn't numbed.

No precautions are necessary for silicone injections. The only thing Dr. Lam somewhat stresses is to avoid frowning, smiling, or sleeping on your face for the first 48 hours.

Dude, I havn't been this confident with my appearance for a good while. Wish I could share this feeling with everyone.

Anymore questions feel free to ask.

Pakifairy,

Like Leon stated, TCA cross is a good alternative for icepicks.

MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/08/2008 9:16 am

were your scars a lot worse before you had yhose ablative surgeries? i am going in for fraxel re:pair and its the new co2 ablative just wondering if its a waste of time. when you researched did you find a lot of docs that do these injections?

anyways thanks for your insight glad you are making great changes...

don't smile isn't that hard after a great result.....

MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/08/2008 9:27 am

MemberMember
(@drewboy)

Posted : 05/08/2008 9:41 am

hi drewboy. 1st, thanks for doing this (answering questions) for us.

what's the waiting time like to get an appointment? i'm way north of tx and i'll be taking summer classes w/ breaks in between. but i'm willing to fly down there and do this.

also, if i got a hotel room, do you think like 3 days would be ok? thanks.

oh ya, can you do the jaw line and below? and, can you feel any lumps underneath?