Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a bottle of Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid which I've been using for around 2-3 weeks. Usually after using I don't wipe the top of the inner cap (the one where there is a hole for the solution to flow out).

Today I noticed a build-up of the stuff on this inner cap, and I thought it was just the BHA liquid, but when I wiped it I realized it was actually the plastic itself. Parts of it were raised near the edge of the cap... it looks deformed. I cant be sure if it was already like this the day it arrived. Is this due to acid erosion?

Is this a cause for concern? I dont like the idea of applying plastic on my face.

I highly doubt the salicylic acid is melting the plastic - it's not that strong of an acid. I think what you're seeing is simply the build-up of the liquid that has hardened and formed a crust. I wouldn't be too worried..

Interesting. Can the BHA liquid solution actually harden? I'll see if I can try to peel it off... it is a bit rubbery.

I've also emailed PC's customer support, waiting for the reply.

To be honest, I've never seen this happen with my bottles. I'm not entirely sure whether the solution can harden or not but if some residue has spilled over and has been exposed to air, chances are it will eventually start to build up and form a crust.

Still, I don't think it's something to worry about. Let me know what customer service has to say about this. If you're lucky you'll probably be getting a replacement bottle for free :cool: PC's customer service is known to give out free replacement products whenever you make the slightest complaint (has happened to me before).

Okay I peeled off the 'raised' parts and it came off easily. However instead of leaving behind a smooth surface it is now indented, which means it probably is plastic. The bit I tore off also felt like it was plastic.

My toner doesn't have any build-up even though I rarely wipe it either.

Well I emailed both the international PC and also my local PC distributor and the local one replied. Aside from the usual crap like we value our customers' opinions blablabla, they had this to say

"Please be assured that the contents of the product cannot cause "acid erosion" on the bottle."

Here are some pics:

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/9180/dsc00150hr0.jpg

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9883/dsc00151ew7.jpg

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7585/dsc00153oc8.jpg