Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SarahKate

anybody with levulan results?

I have been looking into the Levulan laser treatment for quite some time now. I was wondering if anyone here has had any great results other than the pictures they provide on their brochure(sp?) Anyways, i have light acne compared to alot of people, and if you want a clear picture of what it looks like look in my gallary.

I was wondering if maybe it could help me clear up a little bit, or start fresh with new skin.

Please let me know! Or let me know of any laser/light treatment you have undergone and had terrific results in with my kind of acne, and have becoem clear and/ or stayed clear, or just nearly there.

Thank you sooo much((:

I have had this done like 4 times or so. It improved my skin compared to what it used to be and decreased oil, but very minimal. Like don't expect great results or for it to clear up your skin perfectly. It may help you just a little and you would probably have to have multiple treatments for the full effect.

I have mild-moderate acne, and then it became manageable along with the retina cream after the treatments.

The treatments themselves are rather uncomfortable though. a few times it felt like a blowtorch. very painful. my face was like throbbing. the levulan and acetone stings too.

Now i'm on accutane, but i think the light treatments helped me from having a complete initial breakout on it because the light supposedly penetrates deep into your skin.

I tried Levulan several time. Unfortunately I broke out worse; I ended up with small bumps all over my face...even on my forehead where I had no acne. The doctor did not believe it and kept telling me to stick through it. It was aweful and a big waste of money. After this I went to see a dermatologist. She prescribed Diane 35 and Spironolactone and my skin is very smooth. Try and find out what works for you, but be careful some of the private clinics are out to make $

Hi - I am an RN that works in a medspa that treats acne with Levulan. We activate with the Blu-U Light for about 8 mins. Our incubation time prior to going under the blue light is about 1-1.5 hours. Both how long you stay under the light and how long the medication has been left on your face determines how you respond. When you are under the blu light you can be alot more comfortable if you are using a zimmer (a strong fan that blows very cold air). I see great results, but we also ask our clients to return for steaming and extractions, so we can stay ahead of developing zits. If your acne is mild I find that 1 treatment and good cleansers will be generally enough to keep things calm. If you have had acne for 6 months to a year then you will need time for things to calm down and probably 2-4 treatments and a course of antibiotics. In the end when you can go out without makeup or no longer stay home and hide its worth it.

I have had bad acne for 4 years and tried so many different type of treatment and I am doing the Blue light treatment with Levulan in 15 days. I am clearing up now but I think that doing the light treatment will help resurface my skin and clear up red marks [or so I have been told].

People that have done this: Did Blue Light with levulan[PDT] help red marks and keep away acne?

I tried Levulan several time. Unfortunately I broke out worse; I ended up with small bumps all over my face...even on my forehead where I had no acne. The doctor did not believe it and kept telling me to stick through it. It was aweful and a big waste of money. After this I went to see a dermatologist. She prescribed Diane 35 and Spironolactone and my skin is very smooth. Try and find out what works for you, but be careful some of the private clinics are out to make $

So true! We also use Levulan, but we activate with Vbeam here is a link to some of my results:

*Moderator edit - please read the board rules - advertising is not permitted*

I LOVE it! And you are right, it is all in the PREP and the EXPOSURE. When I do Vbeam for activation I typically do between 500-600 pulses on a full face, with several pulses over the really bad areas. So many clinics do NOT prep properly and the patient ends up as the loser in the deal. I hate to see that!

I had a laser treatment with Levulan about two years ago, the results were amazing, I didn't suffer any of the dryness or peeling that many other people have said they had. My dermatologist had me well prepared and told me that it would probably get worse before it got better, however within two weeks my face was looking great, the red marks and scarring had faded away tremendously, my skin was pretty sensitive to light the first week or so after. I was given a special facial wash and came in for several "vibraderms" it was basically to remove the dead skin off my face...kind of like a resurfacing. The results of the 1 treatment lasted me about 1 year, however I was told before that this was not a cure all, and that I may see a return of my acne although it would probably not be as bad (I had moderate acne at the time). About a year after my treatment I noticed that my skin started to get bad again, and that slowly all those little bumps and marks were returning, around the same time that cheerleading season was starting up, after cheerleading was over i noticed my face cleared some and for the most part I could hide and marks or spots with make up, but after the summer I went off to college, full of stress and sure enough my acne flared up again. I went back to my dermatologist and she told me that the treatment I had done was newer at the time and that they no suggested 3-5 treatments for more lasting results. All in all the results of the laser treatment with levulan were AMAZING, I just wish they would have been more lasting.