Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SouthernGirl

My skin needs rejuvenated!! What should i do?

Does anyone know of a good lotion that wont make my already acne infected skin break out more? I have acne....but the weird thing about it is that my skin is more dry and flaky than it is oily. I have tried quite a few different types of lotions and jojoba oil, but they only seemed to make things worse. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Does anyone know of a good lotion that wont make my already acne infected skin break out more? I have acne....but the weird thing about it is that my skin is more dry and flaky than it is oily. I have tried quite a few different types of lotions and jojoba oil, but they only seemed to make things worse. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Southerngirl,

I have sensitive skin. I have gone years without moisturizers because they cause more breakouts, even oil-free ones. Last year I found a moisturizer for acne prone skin that is all natural with NO Mineral Oils, hard to pronounce chemicals or animal by-products(which animal fats are used in SO many OTC moisturizers and cause breakouts) And I use it daily with out worrying how much I use because it really moisturizes my skin without causing more acne. It is $16 for an 8 oz bottle but a little goes a long way and mine lasted me several months...maybe 6. You can use it anywhere on your body. I just reordered Monday, can't wait, I only have about 2 good pumps left i my other bottle. I also use their natural soap. It is soap free (Sodium Laurel Sulfates) and is also made without animal products. I get a better shave with it on my legs and underarms than with shaving cream. I bought the 5 bar package $22 And it lasted me a year. I can usually cut one bar in about 3-4 thick slices. They are large hand cut bars and are kinda bulky to use like that, so I slice them with a butter knife.

Go to www.clearandsmoothskin.com to find these things. The product name is Carley's. They don't have expensive packaging or sell to chain stores so it keeps their product cost down. No I am not some big tree hugger or anything, I was just willing to try anything for my acne sensitive skin. Now that I am using my BP with it, I rarely have big breakouts, if any at all. For the first time ever.....Hope you try it. It's worth it and they offer a money-back guarantee.

Good Luck

I think Cetaphil would probably be gentle enough for you. :} You might want to try it. It's fairly inexpensive too, so that's always a good thing.