Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
corey514

Dropped first pills, would like some opinions

Yep well I'm sure this comes up so much and you are probably sick of people asking the same questions.. but I want to know your opinions and expiriences.. Thanks guys :D

Well, I am a little worried first of all, because my doctor only perscribed 30mg a day, and I weigh 155 pounds. 30mg just doesn't seem like very much from other posts I've seen..

Also.. What are the chances of getting a realllly reaallllyl bad breakout? Cause I looked in the mirrior and I have 6 bumps that look like they will form into biiiig pimples. Not very impressed! haha.

Lastly.. About how long until I stop getting new pimples? I started football this week so I'm sure I'll be breaking out pretty bad : /. Thanksguys!

i wonder how your acne's gona like it with those football helmets on. I would recommend having nothing touching or rubbing on your face. 30mg is normal for intial start up, don't worry, your doctor will up ur dose as time goes on. Goodluck

Uhh, plus I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to do anything that would put you at risk for a broken bone, since isotrenitoin can weaken your bones.

Be CAREFUL!!!

Hi mate. I am also on 30mg a day, and I rung up my derm because I thought 'this can't be the right dose'. She confirmed it was and I carried on taking it as I should. 2 and a half weeks in and i'm almost totally clear. I had minor to moderate acne on my face and back with the occasional cyst. But yea, I have two small spots on my face and thats it now :D. Trust me tho, he / she will have put you on that much for a reason. I was hoping I would have my dose upped when I 1st started but now I would rather not. My skin has become really dry, flaking ever hour or so, and my lips need 'Carmex' again - ever hour or so. But, it's so worth it for clear skin! Let me know how you go on, as we're both pretty much in the same boat here.

Cheers,

Lewis.

Thanks for the posts guys. Yes the football helmet thing really does bother me, I've played football for 5 years, and must say around the age 13-16(present) the guys with acne never seemed to get rid of it until after football season.. So that isn't really maken me feel too well haha.

About the broken bone things.. I'm really against given up somethin I've done for 5 years for a pill for my skin.. I never heard of that being a issue, thanks for the heads up though, I'm on the Defensive Line so broken bones are definatly a possibility haha :P.

And Superlew. Thanks man, that made me feel alot better. Though I have to ask, how long did it take for your acne to get better? I've taken my second dose and I have got a pretty bad breakout worse than I usually do, and I usually only have moderate acne on my face (2-5 big deep pimples) (dunno what to rate my chest/back) . But I have like 8 or 9 after one night.. about 2 the day before accutane. Did you get a bad IB? I guess it could hvae to do with stopping the antibiotic and cream as well.

Hmm Well for a follow up... 3 days gone by, skin getting kinda dry.. flakey after awhile. Worst breakout I can remember though.. lol not cool. How long till the initial breakouts cease? Or is it different for everyone.. I really hope this doesn't last much longer, anyone?

I think your football season is going to be tough. I dont know about other people but I def. got some muscle aches after bieng on it for 1/2 months. Gluck.

Hmm Well for a follow up... 3 days gone by, skin getting kinda dry.. flakey after awhile. Worst breakout I can remember though.. lol not cool. How long till the initial breakouts cease? Or is it different for everyone.. I really hope this doesn't last much longer, anyone?

From what I understand, the IB varies.

Are you using moisturiser?

I played football before I started Accutane and the worst place it's going to suck is the chin area especially with that damn chinstrap.

I played football before I started Accutane and the worst place it's going to suck is the chin area especially with that damn chinstrap.

Forehead I've never gotten a pimple weirdly in my life so I can't comment on that. Cheeks there really isn't anything you can do with the helmet on, but for your chin...rip a piece of a paper towel and put it on the guard so it's between the guard strap and your chin. I don't really know if it makes a difference or not but that's what I used to do.

Uhh, plus I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to do anything that would put you at risk for a broken bone, since isotrenitoin can weaken your bones.

Be CAREFUL!!!