Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ledzep

When I really opened my eyes..

I've discovered that practically everyone I see has a skin condition of some description. I was waiting at the train station to go to work today, and I was just noticing that if it isn't acne, a lot people have prominent moles, or raised bumps on the surface of the skin that can offset the otherwise smooth surface of the face. I've noticed some people have prominent capillaries, or significant flushing/redness.

The point i'm trying to make in this, is that it's clear a vast majority of the people we see in our every day lives do not have the picture perfect skin that media advertising slams in our face, and tries to suggest that this is how 'normal' people look. Its simply not true. So next time your in a public area, just have a look at the people around you and i'll think you'll find that everyone has some form of skin condition that makes our acne very commonplace and nothing that we should be ashamed of.

I've noticed that. However, the one or two people that have the perfect skin, you can't help but ot be jelous of them.

yea your right ALOT of people realy got some type of thing on ther face .

but people notice the people with bad acne more.

i noticed that too today at school, ma dude has acne all on his neck and part of his jaw but ther little bumps, this other boi has small ones all on his eyebrow, and so on everyone has something of some disinct usualy...except for some or alot depends whre ur looking , i also see alot of kids with the clearest smoothest looking skin its like wow.

You're right, everyone has some issue they are dealing with. All you can do is make the most with what you have. The air brushed photos we see every day in ads and magazines are not reality.

Ive noticed other peoples imperfections but usually I get to the point where I think that Im still considerably worse, and then its not a downward spiral but, its mostly a let down.

Ah well I always get over it!

When you see or talk to people and you notice their uh.. "bumps" they usually eventually "disappear" (at least they do for me) Unless they are really prominent and dominate the whole face..

Hey, just think...when you finally beat your acne you get to worry about age spots. Muwahaha! I see a lot of that around my job. I work with a bunch of older gentlemen that have to work outside. Compared to their leathery wrinkles and age/sun spots, my little blemishes are a joke. There is one woman that works inside like me that has beautiful, porcelain skin. It's so cute and darnit, I think she's lucky because even if she gets a blemish you can't really tell because she has freckles.

It's true! I am SO surprised when I look at a friend and she has small bumps here and there, from 2 feet away her skin looks perfect... I bet that the reason so many people have these problems is from their crappy diets...

Guest missyjean130

You know what else I've noticed? Not a single person on these forums whom I've seen is the slightest bit ugly o.O you're all so pretty O_O

But anyways, this reminded me of a cheerleader in my old school, she was hot and she had a bunch of guys drooling over her. One year I actually sat near her, and I never noticed before, but she had some moderate acne.hmm...

I have like 5 moles on my face, nothing noticable. Fortunatly they aren't raised or anything, i have one raised on my neck, that thing is a pain to shave around. i used to want them gone as a kid, but now i don't mind then, i actually like them. i still might get the raised on removed though.

When I look at my friends, almost all of them have a few zits here and there, but they're much smaller and less noticeable. However they don't get red marks :mad:

When I look at my friends, almost all of them have a few zits here and there, but they're much smaller and less noticeable. However they don't get red marks :mad:

I've noticed that. However, the one or two people that have the perfect skin, you can't help but ot be jelous of them.