Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bassmaster86

Starting Accutane(Sotret)05/06/08

After wo months of doxycycline/bloodwork/ipledge and my acne just staying the same...(i have severe cystic acne) i finally took my first pills of accutane today. My derm put me 40mgs a day and also 20mg of prednisone for the first month. I am keeping this log to keep from going insane basically and so that i can look back on things and hopefully laugh.I probably waited too long to go to a derm but i was almost certain that it would go away once the weather got better because i have never had more than probably two or three zits at one time before October of 2007 when my face exploded. Im 18 and this has really gotten me down but i do have awesome friends who have stuck with me through my somewhat of a depression. My brother also took accutane in the 1980s and he never had a single pimple since then he is now almost 40 so hopefully i get the same results. Ill also try to put some pictures up as soon as a steal my sisters camera. I would also appreciate any tips on what will happen throughout this whole thing.

Day 1

DAY 3

My face looks much better today but i can now see a lot of ice pick scars forming will these go away at all by the end of treatment? Overall my face is just really red and full of red marks. Yesterday i had a humongous whitehead on the corner of my lip and by the end of the day it just fell off which was pretty crazy. When do the blackheads usually start coming out i have a ton on my nose.

hey, i started in late march, i've been on 40mg twice a day since i started.

My blackheads didn't come out. At the end of month 1 i did one of those biore blackhead strips. People say not to wax and such (i consider the biore like waxing), but it worked out fine, nothing tragic.

Yea, you will start seeing imporvments!!

Hope it works out for you like its doing for me! If you have

chest pains tell your derma quickly cause thats pretyy common.

Day 4

Nothin much new goin on in the face,my lips arent abnormally chapped yet either is that weird? Im hoping i dont get one of these crazy initial breakouts that the derm warned me about, but when do they normally happen? Oh and the only good thing about not drinking on accutane is being a designated driver im makin loot right now.

Day-5

My face got very red and stayed like that the whole day and i was only in the sun for maybe 10 minutes. My scarring looks even more prominent now and im more freaked out by it then the actual acne. Do these shallow scars and ice picks fill in

Day-6

well my face isnt all that dry except the area around my lips and my nose and thats only right after i wash my face. My lips are usually always chapped anyways so i cant notice a big difference. I know that my face is real sensitive to sun though and wind it gets bright red when im in either. Today my face got very oily the most its probably ever been in my life which was weird. I also got a weird breakout of groups of whiteheads right by my nose and then a group right under my bottom lip and they hurt.

Just finished month 1 and went to the derm for my new prescription. Shes keeping me on 40mg a day along with the prednisone. My face has cleared up a lot but there are still a lot of redmarks and scarring which she said will improve. She actually told me that accutane is the best treatment for redmarks but they are not supposed to market it for that. Another thing she said was that months 2 and 3 are the typically the worst. Anyone passed these months that can tell me what to expect?

yes...months 2 and 3 are definetly the worse, well in my case they were. the good thing is with the breakouts you see constant progression and such. just be patient and dont get to frustrated because the drug will work...in time of course! oh, and good luck!