Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wrocky

Afraid of having sex :(

Hey, here is my story...I have been on Accutane since January and worked up my dosage from 10mg to 70mg(i`m 1.88 or 6"2 and 85kg) which i`m on at the moment. The problem is that, i still get zits after having sex. It is driving me crazy, i have been on this Accutane for 5months and i still break out because of that. And it is the reason for my acne, when i`m away from my GF and dont have any sexual activity for 4+ days, my breakouts stop. This problem stops when I go tanning in sunbeds or i spend alot of time in the sun. But since i`m on Accutane it is not an option. Maybe i should drop Accutane and go back to sunbeds, since it kept me clear for 6+months without any problems with going to sunbeds only 1-2x a week for 9mins.

Anyone have or had this problem? I dont want to have zits but i dont want to ruin my relationship also :boohoo:

Maybe your breakouts are delayed and it's the lack of sex that's giving you grief ^_^.

I wouldn't worry. Your obviously loved for the person you are, acne or not.

Use home light therapy, it uses the frequency (or very close to) that clears your acne when you use sun beds, but you don't get the skin damage like you do with tanning beds. You will probably find home light therapy clears you even better than tanning beds...

Use home light therapy, it uses the frequency (or very close to) that clears your acne when you use sun beds, but you don't get the skin damage like you do with tanning beds. You will probably find home light therapy clears you even better than tanning beds...

What companies make these lamps? Can they be used to treat red marks left over from large acne lesions>?

There is a product out there called Tanda which is a newly FDA approved light based therapy for acne reduction and skin rejuvenation. Tända Clear is a 414nM blue LED treatment that is scientifically proven to kill the Propionibacterium acnes (P.acnes) bacteria that causes mild to moderate acne. Used as part of your daily skin care routine the Tända Clear will help cure your existing blemishes as well as prevent future outbreaks. Retails for about $395

This is the opposite of what happened to me. I was very sexually active with my ex-boyfriend and I was pretty much clear. Now that I have abstained from sex all together, I broke out.

Sex is healthy (if your smart and use protection or trust your partner). Its a form of physical excercise that helps blood flow etc, and the pleasure chemicals it releases from your brain can only do good things :)

Are you paranoid when you have sex? Do you get anxious when you are performing because you are thinking at that moment that what your doing is gonna make you break out? If so I suggest next time you have sex, just ENJOY IT! dont worry bout nothin else and see what happens.