Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sandi76

Are these cysts or nodules, and what can be done?

I don't know what exactly I've been getting, but they are HUGE and when I squeeze, all I get is clear fluid.

I've had like four in the last couple of months. One left a nice a scar, because every night I'd poke it with a needle and squeeze because I thought if I just squeezed...hard...enough...something...white....would..explode....out...of...it. Relieving the pressure and healing (what I usually did with huge pimples). But, no nothing white ever came out, and the only thing I ever got from it was an ugly scar.

I have no idea why I've started getting these now. I had really bad adult acne that cleared up with regular antibiotic soap, glycolic pads I bought from QVC and I stopped using moisturizer (believe it or not!) yet these painful bumps persist. I admit to still trying to pick them. I'm a slow learner I guess. Yet I have a problem with picking in general, it's a hard habit to break!

Do they have heads anywhere on them yet or are you just poking at random? My cysts usually bleed profusely if traumatized, but maybe you're poking at the core without nicking a blood vessel? Mine contain pus and clear fluid.

Hi there. These I believe are acne cysts. I've had these and they're just like you describe--hard, painful, and difficult to lance. They can last for days, weeks, even months. Best to leave alone, as you found out. Cysts are the scarring kind of acne. Some members of late had success draining acne cysts with warm epsom salt compresses. Maybe check out the recent posts, or inquire about it. I've never tried this, so I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. I can understand wanting some relief from the pressure and swelling.

Good luck! :)

I have had those numerous times...There are sooo many thing I have tried. Right now many masks to cut down/get the dead skin sells off to help prevent. Also using some MyChell serums I got on-line<not sure if helping...It was pricey but I only use a few drops every few days so one of the bottles is about 1 year old. Found it looking for "natural"stuff, trying to cut down on the "chemical" stuff. Also, may I sugesst advil/ibuprophen. Last time I had one may have helped. Saw some info somewhere people w/cystic acne problems suddenly cleared up when on a few week daily dose because of some other pain problems. Also, ice those suckers!