Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MY ALLERGIES ARE KILLING ME. IS IT OK TO TAKE CLARITON OR BENADRYL FOR IT WHILE ON TANE?? I FEEL LIKE SCRATCHING MY EYES OUTTA MY HEAD

I did. I lived.

Either should be fine, but of course benadryl is more likely to make you sleepy. Claritin might be a better choice for daylight if you don't get sleepy from it. There are no contraindications with Accutane and Benadryl/Claritin except of course for the fact that the fewer drugs you combine with Accutane, the better.

Good luck!

Sometimes a saline, non-medicated nasal spray will help a lot with nasal symptoms from allergies. Also plain old saline eye drops help me with my allergies. Both will help the dryness associated with Accutane.

I just found out that I can't use flixonase or nasonex which are steroidal nose sprays because they can cause nose bleeds and may be worse on a dry nose. What the hell else am I meant to do? Tablets on their own have never worked for me. Other than spending the next 2 months in an air tight room (sadly this is not an option) I don't know what to do. But the doctor didn't say anything about tablets.

Claritin and Benaldryl works on occasion for me but I don't use it anymore because it's so inconsistent. What I use now and works a lot better is Zyrtec. I also use Flonase. They don't get rid of my allergies or blocked nasal passages completely but they do help in tough allergic reactions.