Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Anyone who wants to keep their supplements..........

Hi guys,

If you haven't already heard about it in the news, the Canadian government is trying to pass a Bill that will propose some significant changes to the Food and Drugs Act in order to regulate what they call "natural supplements". To summarize, what they are trying to do is get all supplements to be classified as drugs - this will take away both our rights and naturopathic doctor's rights to access the natural health products currently used to treat patients. There are fears that many of the products we use on a daily basis, and that naturopathic doctors use to treat patients will be outlawed.

To me it is clear what this is about - MONEY - if they can call something a drug, then the government has the opportunity to profit from them. Just because something is called a 'drug' in no way means it is safe to use. Everyone should have a choice of what treatment they want to use when faced with illness/ health concerns.

I am writing my MP because I cannot imagine having this choice being taken away from me.

If this is something you want to get involved in, I would encourage you to fill out the form letter I have included below. (The letter was sent out on behalf of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors).

On a side note, this bill threatens Naturopathic Doctors rights to treat patients so much that many are considering moving to the states where some ND's are liscensed to treat patients the same as MD's are - very scary thought to think that our only options would be prescription drugs at the end of the day!!

SAMPLE LETTER FOR PATIENTS ON BILL C-51:

Insert Date

Insert name of M.P. and Address

Dear (insert name of MP)

I am writing to you (insert as one of your constituents) to express my concerns about Bill C-51 and the impact it will have on the ability of my naturopathic doctor (ND) to treat my health concerns safely and effectively.

As an informed patient I have chosen to be treated by a naturopathic doctor utilizing natural therapies and substances to ensure optimal health. I would like some assurances that my choice to see a naturopathic doctor will not be negatively affected by Bill C-51.

I have the following questions:

1. Will Bill C-51 exclude my ND from having access to all the products he/she needs to treat all my health concerns?

2. Will Bill C-51 result in fewer natural health products being available in the Canadian marketplace?

3. Will inspectors have the ability to enter premises under the search and seizure provisions without a warrant or a judge’s approval?

I support the need for regulation that ensures that the products recommended by my ND are safe and effective but I do not support legislation that treats natural health products in the same manner as pharmaceutical products. Now would be an excellent time for the government to implement a third category for Natural Health Products as was recommended by the Standing Committee on Health in 1998.

I appreciate your attention to this important matter and would welcome the opportunity to speak to you about my concerns. I can be contacted at (insert phone number).

Sincerely,

I strongly encourage you to write your MP, as well as any other canadian readers here. As someone who works in an MP's office, I know the effect that this can have, especially if the parties are allowing a free vote on the legislation.

May we survive the remaining duration of Conversative fascist rule with our freedom still intact. :boohoo:

I wanted to bump this... I dont think people in Canada realize how much of an impact this bill will have if it is past... if you take supplements... I warn you... you may have to get a perscription to get them in the future if this bill is passed. The government is trying to make us think that all this bill is going to do is make sure all supplements are properly inspected to make sure that what it says on the bottle is actually what is in it.... and I am ALL for that for sure... BUt this is not true... this bill could change your life for the worst.... I want to have a CHOICE when it comes to how I want to treat my illnesses. Also if this bill passes, alot of supplements will be outlawed. You might not be able to go to the store and pick up some evening primrose anymore because maybe the government has deemed it unsafe... but that is just an example... I am afraid of this bill. We need to take action and write our MPs...

Thanks for reading this guys... :)

I've read about this, it's not just Canada though, it's the US too I believe...

Here's what I watched

fucking scary