Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luppe

What do you apply to your face?

I don't use any cleanser or a moisturizer and I rarely wash my face. I just shower everyday and that's it.

So I was wondering whatever1 else is doing...

I wash hourly with a concoction of pizza and french fry grease. Works marvelously.

I wash hourly with a concoction of pizza and french fry grease. Works marvelously.

I'm trying the not washing your face thing as of yesterday... I used to wash my face twice a day with cetaphil until I found out it has sodium lauryl sulfate in it and that's bad.

I'm still going to exfoliate with baking soda and use emu oil every other day though and use a 1:2 acv/water mixture twice a day and rinse off my face with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel twice a day or when I get sweaty. Maybe eventually I'll cut everything out except rinsing with cold water, depending on how cutting out the face wash goes.

I'm trying the not washing your face thing as of yesterday... I used to wash my face twice a day with cetaphil until I found out it has sodium lauryl sulfate in it and that's bad.

I'm still going to exfoliate with baking soda and use emu oil every other day though and use a 1:2 acv/water mixture twice a day and rinse off my face with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel twice a day or when I get sweaty. Maybe eventually I'll cut everything out except rinsing with cold water, depending on how cutting out the face wash goes.

Be careful about the paper towel.... they put chemicals in paper towel to suck moisture up more easily, try natural 100% cotton pads instead...

I would really like to hear more from people who are using the "nothing" regimen (just washing the face with water and not applying anything). I am rather sick of buying and trying things that don't work very well, and it would just be easier not to worry about it at all. I've heard a few people mention this regimen on here, but it seems like everyone who uses it is a male (I am not), and I can't help but wonder if maybe it works better for guys than girls (maybe girls hormones play more of a role in their breakouts than for guys)? I really want to give this a try, but I am afraid that it will make me break out very badly since I've been using the BP for so long my skin is used to it. I also can't help but think that if the "nothing" regimen does make me break out initially, it is possible that my skin would eventually adapt to it and stop breaking out, but I also don't want to go for 3 weeks of putting nothing on my skin with bad break-outs if it just ends up not clearing my skin in the end. Heh, sorry for being so rambly, but...yeah, any girls on here use the "nothing" regimen successfully?? Or anyone at all with "nothing" regimen tips??

I think guys just use the "nothing" method more because girls typically wear makeup and you can't wash off makeup with just cold water.

The past 3 days all I've used is emu oil once and baking soda once and I feel like my skin is looking better already, if not better it at least isn't any worse.

Have you looked at this thread?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/NOT-WASHI...TH-t194108.html

Yea, id have to agree that girls probably cant get away with it since they wear makeup. If you don't wear makeup then it shouldnt be an issue. I just wash quick with water at night and my face looks great. sometimes if i get really sweaty i splash some cold water on my face mainly to cool myself off and stop sweating. granted, if i went back to my poor diet my face would likely go to hell. I just enjoy the convienence of not worrying about having my cleasner where ever i may end up at night. id say give it a try. but start off with ater twice a day and see how that goes first.

I use Suki lemongrass cleanser which is so nice you want to eat it. I have started rubbing aloe vera on to my face now too :)

lollypolly, I have to agree that I love Suki's products, I have been using their chamomile serum for oily skin for about 2 years now; it is great.

I am still intrigued by the nothing routine though. First off, I never wear makeup so that is not an issue at least. ScottnotBombs (nice name BTW!), thank you for that link, I am reading it now. I wanted to know how you use the baking soda? Do you use it in place of a cleanser and wash it off or do you leave it on the skin or what? And sleaman, do you really find that water is enough to get off the sweat that accumulates after you work out? I started a workout routine about 3 weeks ago that involves a lot of cardio (and sweating!), and I noticed that even with a shower and washing my face afterwards it seemed to break me out pretty badly.

Thanks again for the tips/info :D

lollypolly, I have to agree that I love Suki's products, I have been using their chamomile serum for oily skin for about 2 years now; it is great.

I am still intrigued by the nothing routine though. First off, I never wear makeup so that is not an issue at least. ScottnotBombs (nice name BTW!), thank you for that link, I am reading it now. I wanted to know how you use the baking soda? Do you use it in place of a cleanser and wash it off or do you leave it on the skin or what? And sleaman, do you really find that water is enough to get off the sweat that accumulates after you work out? I started a workout routine about 3 weeks ago that involves a lot of cardio (and sweating!), and I noticed that even with a shower and washing my face afterwards it seemed to break me out pretty badly.

Thanks again for the tips/info :D

Thanks for the great info, Scott! I may have to give this method a try. And now I want to get an aloe plant, too :P

I use Suki lemongrass cleanser which is so nice you want to eat it. I have started rubbing aloe vera on to my face now too :)

I love using aloe and I have 2 HUGE aloe vera plants growing in my house and they always get babies growing around them so I have basically an unlimited supply :)

I use it for shaving.

I love using aloe and I have 2 HUGE aloe vera plants growing in my house and they always get babies growing around them so I have basically an unlimited supply :)

I use it for shaving.

Cold water and sometimes coconut oil. Absolutely no soap or lotion (even those from Dan's regimen) as they don't do anything for me at all.

I use it for shaving.

Yeah I've got three plants and I only just started using it on my face a few days ago - I've already noticed a difference in my skin tone.

I'm trying to pluck up the courage to squeeze some of the juice in to my smoothies but I've heard it tastes pretty rank so I'll need to make sure I add loads of raw choc powder to mask the taste :)

Hmmm I am apply only Snail slime gel cream mor/night and day time Total Sunblock Cream SPF 90+ : Broad Spectrum Photo Stable

im not even sure if the benzoyl peroxide twice a day is doing anything but i am kind of scared to stop it even though my diet has been perfect, i use benzoyl peroxide, take supplements multi,taurine,psyllium,msm,fish oil and use a blue light and red light lamp and a gluten free dairy free diet, should i quit the topicals ?