Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seems we have had some nice weather the last few days and i can see that now my skin has got worse, when the warm weather gets here my skin seems to suffer badly, i've been totally clear for ages but now i've got a few small red marks and spots, what causes this and how can i help the situation?.

think you need to change ur status to 98% clear now then..........only joking mate.yeah its boiling here in brum aswell im sweating like a peodo in a cresh hear n work.

Haha...you got any ideas then on what it could be or has anyone else as i dont wanna have to go through bad skin all summer?.

I think it's to do with sweat. Unfortunately! As it gets warmer, you will sweat more, and also produce more oil, meaning clogged pores.

You may want to try and get another wash in mid-day to remove some of the oil and sweat, and also after any exercise. Other than that, I don't think there's much else you can do! Really annoying unfortunately. If it starts to break you out, you might want to add a BP or something else topical, if the regimen in your signature is still what you're doing. And make sure any sun tan lotion is non-comodogenic.

Fairly common sense stuff, sorry I don't think there's much else to do and I'm sure you've thought of these already.

Well there's plenty of evidence that sweat and acne aren't related. It's something to do with sebaceous glands and sweat pores not interacting. I can't remember the exact details.

It's more likely just coincidence. The past 3 February's I've suffered this strange type of acne near my mouth. The exact same area each time, but it's nothing but coincidence. You'll waste your life trying to link it in to something.

I know there's no evidence about sweating and acne, but when you sweat more, it means more can collect in your pores. If you don't wash it out, then it can help to cause acne. So, you should wash your face after exercise etc to make sure there's no sweat on your skin left. That's why I suggested maybe adding in an extra wash and see if that helps, as you tend to sweat more when it's warmer. It might help, it might not, but it's worth a try!

Thanks for the advice guys, i'll just have to put up with it, and i'll try and rinse my face with water in the middle of the day to reduce and sweat.