Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jakeyo

Questions about effectivity of Regimen.

I`m new here. :) And i`m only 14 years old, my face is as normal as a teenagers face is supposed to be. Pimples are unstoppable but only comes in 3-4, worst is 5-6. but SEVERE blackheads on my nose. Here a pic of me. http://i29.tinypic.com/5vvg9j.jpg

i`m the one at the right most corner. Pimples usually are in the forehead and that Camera is so good so It can`t really emphasize my face. THERE IS NO EDITING THERE. (We all know, pimples and blackheads aren`t that visible when taking a pic) But at that time, I had 2 pimples in my forehead and one near my cheeks, if you could see closely, there`s a visible red mark there, try to find it. :)

my question is, do i need this regimen? because i know this is tolerable but being pimple-free is so much better. and does this regimen take off my blackheads? or is this regimen harsh for me?

if you don`t recommend this regimen for me, is it just better to go to a dermatologist? because i`m trying to save money since my mom won`t support me. :( Poor me. :(

It`s evening here and if you want a picture of me at home, i`ll glady do so. :) but i`ll do it tomorrow.

but i still need your suggestions.

Hi there. Unless you're dealing with large acne cysts or other potentially scarring acne, I would say a trip to the dermatologist probably isn't warranted at this point. There would be little they could do for you anyway. Most prescription acne meds are for severe cases.

You could try spot treating with Neutrogena on the Spot. If that doesn't help and you want to try the regimen, then select a cleanser and moisturizer to go along with it, and follow the regimen directions exactly. I'd recommend Neutrogena Fresh Foaming cleanser and Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture.

Good luck! :)

Hi there. Unless you're dealing with large acne cysts or other potentially scarring acne, I would say a trip to the dermatologist probably isn't warranted at this point. There would be little they could do for you anyway. Most prescription acne meds are for severe cases.

You could try spot treating with Neutrogena on the Spot. If that doesn't help and you want to try the regimen, then select a cleanser and moisturizer to go along with it, and follow the regimen directions exactly. I'd recommend Neutrogena Fresh Foaming cleanser and Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture.

Good luck! :)

Right now, I use BP 5% Gel, but i do it as spot treatment. But the problem is, it keeps coming back. (Sometimes at the same place, sometimes another part of my face)

So what you`re saying is I`ll do spot treating with Neotrogena? But it only takes out my existing pimples, what about the upcoming pimples that i could prevent?

If you're spot treating and that's not helping, then go ahead and try the regimen for your whole face, following the regimen directions exactly. This will treat your whole face and help prevent future breakouts. However, I would get some 2.5% BP (like Neutrogena on the Spot) if you're going to treat your whole face, as 5% is quite harsh on the skin. If you have $34, why not invest in the DK regimen starter kit (cleanser, BP, moisturizer)?

Hope this helps. :)