Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
weltauge

adding aloe vera as a part of the regimen

Somewhere on this forum or the internet i found this description of the benefits of aloe vera:

"Aloe Vera: This penetrates the skin quickly and deeply. This allows water and other moisturizers to sink deeply into the skin, restoring lost fluids and replacing the fatty layer. It permits the uronic acids, which strip toxic materials of their harmful effects, to penetrate deeply and allows the cleansing astringent qualities of the gel to work better. By increasing the circulation of the blood to an area, Aloe Vera sloughs off dead cells and fosters the growth of new ones. This helps foster the regeneration of scarred or blemished skin tissue and provides a protective coating on the skin to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria. This antiseptic action also stops skin infections (acne) in oil-clogged pores. It heals blemishes with little or no scarring. This accounts for the multitude of cosmetic preparations these days contain Aloe Vera. [uW-Aloe Vera]

- Aloe vera penetrates skin deep

- Acts as a carrier for moisturizer to moisturize much deeper.

- Replaces moisture to the skin much more rapidly

- Helps regeneration of damaged skin and protects your skin from bacteria growth

- Dries very minimally, and in combination with a moisturizer, it does not dry at all, but moisturizes"

my question is how to include aloe vera into the regimen. Does anyone use it as an additional step? If you do so, how do you use it and what are your experiences?

Hi there. I didn't have much luck with aloe vera gel. (I used Jason 98% aloe gel) In my experience it wasn't very hydrating.

Somewhere on this forum or the internet i found this description of the benefits of aloe vera:

"Aloe Vera: This penetrates the skin quickly and deeply. This allows water and other moisturizers to sink deeply into the skin, restoring lost fluids and replacing the fatty layer. It permits the uronic acids, which strip toxic materials of their harmful effects, to penetrate deeply and allows the cleansing astringent qualities of the gel to work better. By increasing the circulation of the blood to an area, Aloe Vera sloughs off dead cells and fosters the growth of new ones. This helps foster the regeneration of scarred or blemished skin tissue and provides a protective coating on the skin to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria. This antiseptic action also stops skin infections (acne) in oil-clogged pores. It heals blemishes with little or no scarring. This accounts for the multitude of cosmetic preparations these days contain Aloe Vera. [uW-Aloe Vera]

- Aloe vera penetrates skin deep

- Acts as a carrier for moisturizer to moisturize much deeper.

- Replaces moisture to the skin much more rapidly

- Helps regeneration of damaged skin and protects your skin from bacteria growth

- Dries very minimally, and in combination with a moisturizer, it does not dry at all, but moisturizes"

my question is how to include aloe vera into the regimen. Does anyone use it as an additional step? If you do so, how do you use it and what are your experiences?

i use a 99% one. i dont think it moisturize to much because when it dry my face gets hard and can't talk or laugh. besides i use it at night on open pimple to heal them, just that...