Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sparkledust

anyone had success taking evening primrose oil?

i was just wondering if EPO has worked for anyone?i have some in the house already cause my mum uses it,and im so pissed off with my skin right now,that i wanna give it a go.i just dont want it to cause anymore breakouts.so please give me your thoughts??

I've never used EPO, but intead I take 1000 mg of Borage Oil everyday. It has a higher content of GLA (the good-for-your-skin-stuff :)) per serving than EPO and I find it works much better for me.

I do know that some prefer EPO over borage oil. I don't believe there would be an initial breakout if you do decide to start supplementing EPO, so I'd say give it a shot. Take with food!

hey,thanks for the feedback.from what you said you have gave some good advice.i think i will probs take an EPO capsule at dinner tonight and hopefully i wont suffer from any breakouts.i have heard about borage oil,i will have to look into that at somepoint.the only thing is the capsules contatin gelatine and ive heard thatmay be a problem?still i will give it a try anyhow...glad that the borage oil is working well for you.thanks again...

I just wanted to add that I've been taking EPO for years and it helps immensely. If I miss taking it for a day or 2 I can almost always tell because I get a little breakout on my chest area. I am not sure if the EPO helps me because of its supposed hormonal balancing properties, or because it helps to balance the essential fatty acids in my skin cells directly, but either way I recommend trying it!