Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whatarewethinking

Wheat and grains and picking o boy!

Ok so i had been really cutting back on the breakouts. I have been having a green smoothie every day for few weeks. Have realllyy cut back on sugar. Been eating big bowl of oatmeal in morning with my smoothie ( that i add 3 tbsp flax seed to). I had cut out my bread all together but....then i had a break out. Of course i waited for most to go down, had to relieve some of them ( god damn red marks now).

I am recovering from the breakout still :( I about 4 to 5 days ago i decided i would cut back on all my main grains (no oats or flax) and really eat alot of whole wheat bread. I picked up some organic whole wheat bread and ate about 2-4 slices a day for about 4 days i guess. I havent seen any new breakouts (besides from my silly picking of stupid stuff i know im not gonna make better). I figured if bread, wheat or whatever was a producer of my acne i would have seen a big breakout by now right?

So today i decided to cut the wheat and add in grains. Mostly my oatmeal in morning and flax seed. I will prolly do this for another 4 to 5 days and see if it does anything.

You guys think i didnt wait long enought on the whole wheat test? Does anyone here have negative effects from grains?

Also can someone maybe provide most common foods that are "grains", maybe i am eating more of them then i think.

for me eating wheat takes a day and i will have symptoms, if i eat a lot i have digestive problems, i possibly have celiac's, but i would always get a breakout, i am gluten free right now and feel much better and have only one or 2 small pimples around my mouth, other than that i am acne free, i just bought gluten free oats which are excellent, you may want to have a food allergy test

Oats can ofte have just enough wheat contamination to cause a reaction. Even if they're absolutely gluten-free, there's a protein in oats that can cause an allergic reaction in those who are wheat sensitive.

The way to really tell these things is to go on a temporary elimination diet and then add things in one by one to see how they really affect you.

But within those 4 days of feasting on whole wheat bread you think i would have had a breakout....? I think maybe i had some on my body tho which is weird. I figured that would be a sufficient amount of time to test the wheat theory, should had a reaction in a day or 2.

Plus that more bread then i would normaly eat in a day anyways.

I am hoping its not the oatmeal and flax seed thats breaking me out tho!

But within those 4 days of feasting on whole wheat bread you think i would have had a breakout....? I think maybe i had some on my body tho which is weird. I figured that would be a sufficient amount of time to test the wheat theory, should had a reaction in a day or 2.

Reaction time and location of breakouts will varydepending on the individual, though sometimes our breakout times & locations do coincide!

1 - 2 days

2 - 3 days

4 - 5 days

5 - 7 days

longer

Therefore, if you eat wheat...you'd have to wait at least7 days to see if anything happened. If you noticed breakouts on your body then, that could be a reaction. Go Wheat free for 2 weeks and then try to consume it for 4 - 5 days again and see happens (just to thorougly get enough in your system).

Best of luck

I eat foods with wheat sometime.. such as pizza , pasta etc,, just sometime.

now if ur allergic , you can't do this :)

I don't mind getting 1-2 acne after eating this ...

if i get lots I will never never never eat stuff with wheat lol

Reaction time and location of breakouts will varydepending on the individual, though sometimes our breakout times & locations do coincide!

1 - 2 days

2 - 3 days

4 - 5 days

5 - 7 days

longer

Therefore, if you eat wheat...you'd have to wait at least7 days to see if anything happened. If you noticed breakouts on your body then, that could be a reaction. Go Wheat free for 2 weeks and then try to consume it for 4 - 5 days again and see happens (just to thorougly get enough in your system).

Best of luck