Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigPore

How do I start eating healthy?

Hello. I'm a pescetarian who has a very unhealthy diet. I'd like to fix that. I eat a lot of cheese and bread (so, so bad) and the prepared meals at Trader Joe's (not that unhealthy). Oh, and rice.

I am utterly confused where to begin. I don't know how to fix meals. I am frustrated looking for cookbooks. I don't even know what my dietary needs are! Please give me some advice.

Hello!

Yah I found it difficult to switch over to healthy eating as well. But I would suggest that you start out with healthy snacks! Carrot sticks, apples, berries... stuff like that! It tastes great and is good for you :) You don't have to stop eating bread, but try to switch over to whole-grains.

Good luck!

Salads are easy. Buy all the different items separately - not the already prepared salads. You can also get sugar-free dressing, which is what I use. Its pretty healthy stuff.

Another easy thing to do is just fry up some fish in olive oil, add some spices, and steam some veggies. Makes a great meal that's simple to make!

Good luck!

Go to your local farmer's market and look around and see what you like. You'll get an idea of what you want to eat.