Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm thinking of using an AHA or BHA product to stop the acne on my back, shoulders and upper arms, the small brown bumps on the underside of my upper arms, and all the brown/red marks.

I know that BHA can absorb better on oily skin but my body's skin isn't oily; I read that AHA can work much faster to fade marks, but it doesn't really help with acne (though some people have said it does). Should I use an AHA or BHA product?

Note: I'm planning on using Paula's Choice Skin Revealing Lotion 10% AHA or Weightless Body Treatment 2% BHA.

Trust me, do not go with the Paula's Choice BHA. I've tried both and the AHA version is hundreds times better. My skin isn't oily either.

The BHA is not really a cream - it's more like putty. When it dries, it forms little hard crystals and the smell is like strong hairdye. The BHA cleared me acne 30%, but it lost its effectiveness.

The AHA has cleared me probably over 70% and is still working. There's no smell and the consistency is rich and creamy. AHA can be found cheaper though, I want to try the Aqua Glycolic one or the Alpha Hydroxy brand.

So AHA does stop your body acne? thanks then. I read the reviews at MakeUpAlley and the consensus it seems is that the BHA is better at clearing acne. I cant buy both, and I dont like to try the samples because they are small and come in packets and are not cheap. This is so hard to decide lol.

Thanks anyway.

Hey why me, ive been using AHA since the end of december and can honestly say it has been the best product for controlling my chest acne. I had severe acne on my chest, with large cysts forming frequently. Since ive been using the AHA these cyst stopped almost instantly. I defiantly recommend it. My chest now is just fading red marks which is taking AGES. I get the odd new spot on my chest but they are nothing compared to what i used to get.

I've been using the Paula's Choice 10% AHA for 4 days now and I dont see any changes.

No change in acne.

No change in red marks/scars.

No change in skin tone.

No change in skin smoothness/softness.

I know its only 4 days, but I expected to sees some kind of change by now. Plus the lotion stinks. Its like a combination of garbage and sour, old yogurt lol.