Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goodbyebadskin

Have any of you guys used make up to cover acne?

I used it for like 4 days I think. I would examine my face for like a good 30 minutes before I left the house because I was so paranoid someone would find out, think of the embarrass it. Not trying to brag, but I am actually a real good looking guy minus whenever I have a break out of course, lol. So Im use to getting alot of glances from girls whenever I go somewhere. However whenever I had makeup and even if to me it looks completely undetectable, I always get scared and paranoid as crap whenever I get glances from girls. Not only that, but it acutually made my face look worse. From my experience, make up is good at covering blemishes and spots, but not bumps!

I use concealer from time to time to reduce the appearance of red marks, but using it on active acne spots is generally a bad idea. I do tend to be self-conscious when wearing it and know your experience exactly. My recommendation to any guy using make up is to go in with the mindset that you're not going to cover up the existence of a blemish without making it obvious that there's concealer all over your skin. My goal when using concealer is to disguise redness and reduce the contrast between my skin-tone and a red mark. I've asked a number of people and, when it comes to mild acne, what makes blemishes stand out is the red. People generally accept and gloss over imperfect but generally even skin-tone complexions -- it's the perfect and clearly red faces that we notice.

i am pretty much in the same boat as you i am good looking guy i get checked out alot my acne isnt really that bad at all thought i have about 1 or 2 spots active at a time and i do use concealer over them. I cant say i have ever been caught though

I used it for like 4 days I think. I would examine my face for like a good 30 minutes before I left the house because I was so paranoid someone would find out, think of the embarrass it. Not trying to brag, but I am actually a real good looking guy minus whenever I have a break out of course, lol. So Im use to getting alot of glances from girls whenever I go somewhere. However whenever I had makeup and even if to me it looks completely undetectable, I always get scared and paranoid as crap whenever I get glances from girls. Not only that, but it acutually made my face look worse. From my experience, make up is good at covering blemishes and spots, but not bumps!

Is this boat your all in gonna sink anytime soon you think? Good looking bastards.

I use little bits of my sisters make up occasionally, when I'm working (behind a bar) or going out. Its strange because sometimes it works excellently and other times its so obvious so I dont bother. Bumps are especially hard to conceal, flat redness is easy really. I'm with you all on the 'girls noticing it' thing as well, they are bound to be far more expert at make up use and appearance etc.

One time I got one of those really deep cysts, right below my eye, you know the ones that leave an obvious large red mark for EIGHT FUCKING MONTHS (god i hate acne btw) and i used cover up to hide that thing. The problem was that it worked rather well and i tried to cover up everything else up on my face, which didn't work too well. so i just said fuck it.

Ive tried it a couple years ago, Got caught by my girlfriend at the time.(very embarrasing) haven't used it since

I have. It helped me get through some periods when I otherwise would have spent every available minute in the house. Luckily I don't need it anymore, but for about a year and a half I would slather on tons of make-up each morning just to look presentable. And it did help. Stick to Pure Make-Up for liquid foundation, and Physician's Formula for powder, or you may find as I did that dozens of fresh white-heads crop up everyday BECAUSE of make-up use.

Vichy makes a spot treatment pencil. It dries stuff up and gets rid of it pretty quick. It's also sort of a concealer.

I use it occasionally. Mostly because it works well as a treatment. But I suppose it qualifies as makeup because it does conceal.

Just blend it a bit with your finger and it's 100% not noticable.

Be careful what you do use though. I used to model, and work in tv (reporter/anchor) and had to wear makeup daily for on air use and photo shoots. It really buggered up my skin pretty bad.

dont be gay and use make up man lol.... make up is for girls.. not trying to be mean , but come on

Like Wynne said, there's nothing wrong with men wearing makeup. It's nothing new - especially in the entertainment business. I mean we're talking about foundation/powder and maybe concealer, not mascara or the new Naughty Nauticals collection from MAC :shifty:

The most important thing to remember is that finding the right shade is critical to making it look natural. Nobody wants their foundation to look obvious, not even girls. Also, knowing how to apply is equally important. It can be quite a hassle for some guys but the end result is worth it imo. If it helps boost your confidence then why not do it?