Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, so I am positive everyone has heard a question similar to this, so i thank you for reading it once more. =]

I started both Differin and Minocycline last Monday and I am having terrible peeling/flakiness by my mouth and chin. I take the Minocycline everynight and applied Differin that Monday and last night (as I have sensitive skin).

Any ideas as to help me get rid of/ lessen my flakies? If you have any questions or advice you can pm me! =] Thank you!

-brittany

Besides slathering on a good deep moisturizer, I suggest a Microfiber cloth or a the baby brush method for getting rid of flakes. It's less irritating then scrubs.

I would also try to avoid the area around your mouth and chin for a day or two and let it calm down a bit. Then try to apply in that area every other night and see if your skin starts gettting used to it. Make sure you're not using too much product, which is a common mistake with differin. You really only need a pea sized for your whole face. If you're using more than that, things might start to get irritated.