Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am looking for a good AHA to help get rid of some of the flakiness caused by the DKR. I have been on the DKR for about 5 months. So I was wondering what is the best AHA product that anyone has used? Also where can it be purchased? Thanks

Hey Thomas,

How is your experience with AHA lotion so far? I stand by Alpha Hydrox of course.

I'm not big on posting, and I think this is actually the first time I have ever bothered, but I have to recommend alpha hydrox 12% souffle. I am going to mention though that I used walgreens brand 8% aha for about 3 weeks prior, so starting with the 12% might be a little harsh. I've had moderate to severe acne since I can remember and the regimen has done wonders but aha has finished this off by helping tremendously with my red marks and overall skin tone, and the progress has increased tenfold since switching to the alpha hydrox 12%, which I purchased at riteaid. I use it on my face and my back twice a day and am in love with it.

I would agree that alpha hydrox 12% souffle is probiably the best AHA lotion i have tried. only one thing is that its kinda expensive for how much there is so i don't use it so often. but it feels light and w/e is just good. it's like 15 bucks for fricking 1.6 oz! w/e

yea, it is definitely a little spendy. I dropped my jar the other night and it spilled on my counter, it was pretty upsetting....I will say though its often on sale at riteaid for about 11.50 for the jar and for how well it works I think its definitely worth that. Perhaps plan not to use it as a long term product, but until you think you have sufficiently experienced its benefits and then maybe switch to a less expensive alternative for maintenance.

I read the ingredients of alpha hydrox 12% souffle and it contains cetyl alcohol. I forgot to mention that I am allergic to cetyl alcohol.

Does anyone know of another good AHA that does not contain cetyl alcohol?

Thanks