Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had a pimple on my nose and i am left with this slightly raised bump on my nose that is still red. It is no longer a pimple anymore( i think) but this bump has still been here for like 2 weeks. From what i have read i am guessing this is a hypertrophic scar. I never had one before but what i want to know is, are hypertrophic scars red or is this bump just taking a while to heal? I really hope its just a stubborn post-pimple that will go away soon.

i sware to god that happend to me, like i had a small zit in Jan on the tip of my nose, really small & very coverable w/ makeup, then i messed around w/ it, and it was a little scab...not as easy to cover, but then after a few days the scab fell off, but like it was still bright red, i had to cover it every day, i tried putting finacea on it for a few weeks but nothing & usually that makes things less red in week or so, still bright red & it started to get like a little bump, so i thought maybe i didnt pop it good & it was still infected, but it was like this weird bump that was slightly growing, still bright red, & i started getting nervous. i then started using mederma in the morning & night directly on the red spot. it was annoying cause when i would spend the night at my boyfriends house i had to cover that little spot w/ makeup cause it looked funny. So finally i had a fraxel treatment in March and i went over the spot & since then it has been totally less red, and there is no bump at all. i dont put anything on it now, i can barely see slightly pink barely dont have to cover it w/ makeup but its not red & its completely flat.

I was relieved it was not a hyportophic scar

I am not sure about yours but i wanted to share my story

thanks. If it wasnt a hypertrophic scar then do u think it was just a pimple that lasted a while. Did mederma do anything?

No worries, it will probably go away. Had this on my nose as well, apparently it happens more to people on noses.

thanks for the reply panda. How long do u think it will take( i know it depends on the person) but approximately how long and what can i use to help it go away faster?

thanks for the reply panda. How long do u think it will take( i know it depends on the person) but approximately how long and what can i use to help it go away faster?