Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-Ep-

So what do I do at this point?

I'm 23 and had really bad acne in middle school and early high school. It cleared up pretty decently afterwards. I usually only get 1-2 smaller ones a week, with maybe around 5 on a bad week. The only problem is each time they go down no matter what I do I get stuck with a nice red mark for a few months, sometimes longer. I don't pick them and it still happens. It's very aggravating.

I work in an office now where I look younger then everyone by a lot because of acne. I guess that's not too bad since I am younger then most, but I feel like I look like a teenager. I should be dating a lot at this point, but I don't that often because my self esteem is shot when I look like shit.

I've tried some antibiotic and pill stuff before but it's never made a difference besides costing me money. I'm thinking about hitting the derm up for some of the more powerful stuff, but I don't get break outs bad enough for them to give that to me I think. It's just everything leaves a mark so even though the breakouts really aren't bad the after effect is.

I've read these boards for awhile and tried all the natural stuff too. I eat extra healthy and take really good care of myself while others treat their bodies like shit and look fine. Do I just give up at this point? =\

Go to the derm and see what your options are if the holistic route isn't working for you. There are so many medications...there's bound to be something that agrees with your chemistry. Have you ever tried Clindagel? It's very mild compared to bp topicals and works pretty well. Well, it does in my case. It's a topical antibiotic.

Even though I prefer to live a holistic lifestyle when it comes to food and such, I broke don and went to the Derm because at my age, acne is no fun (Heck, no age is fun to have acne). I got the good stuff and it was worth the trip to the doctor. Tazorac, Clindamyacin gel and Minocycline. Clearest I've been in 6 months. I tried Differin, made it worse. But Tazorac is awesome if you give it time to work it's magic. I noticed the Taz/Clindamyacin combo seems to work very well for many people on the boards with mild to moderate acne. I consider mine hormonal and despite the fact I've changed my lifestyle and diet, it didn't help.

Don't give up! There is a product or product combo that will work for you, you just need to find it. It's sooo frustrating! But the next thing that you try, might be the best one, who knows? It's probably a good idea to talk to your Dr. and tell him that you are not happy and see what he prescribes for you.

Good Luck.