Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is the best way to clean make-up brushes? Can they be cleaned and reused once they've been used with make-up that was later found out to be comedogenic? Thanks for any suggestions!

I found out how to clean my makeup brushes by getting on youtube and looking up how to clean makeup brushes. There is even one site that gives you a recipe for a brush cleaner. I make it and it works great.

If you clean your brushes well you you can use them even after using them on bad makeup.

Since I use mineral makeup I invested in a small glass bowl to swirl it in. It only cost $1. Anyhoo, I put Cetaphil on my brush and wet it with hot water making sure some of that water gets into the bowl. I swirl the brush around and around in the bowl until the water is opaque and repeat this until the water in the bowl is clear. I squeeze out the excess water in the brush, dry off the bowl, shape the brush to its original self and place it back in the bowl for a day for it to dry. The whole process takes maybe 1 or 2 minutes. Nothin' fancy.

1. Clean your brushes at least once per week. Bacteria builds up.

2. Use brush cleaner. You can buy it at Walmart, drug stores, department stores, Ulta, Sephora, etc. Do not use soap. Do not use Cetaphil.

i use baby shampoo. one of the posters on this board is a MA (makeup artist) for MAC and she said to stay away from brush cleaner b/c it breaks down the hairs on the brush. so, i use baby shampoo and wash my brushes twice a week.