Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jordan12

What a lot of you need to understand

Acne doesn't make or break your looks (aside from EXTREME cases of disfiguring acne...I'm talking about something that fewer than 1% of all people here suffer from). If you're ugly with acne, chances are you'll still be ugly without it. And if someone is really attractive without it, having acne isn't going to knock them down all that much. At most, it might lower your score on that "1-10" ranking by about a point. This is based on my own observations/thoughts when analyzing numerous people.

The bottom line: Focus more on the "rest" of you and just do the best you can with your acne treatment. Of course, certain aspects of ugliness are uncorrectable, though (like yours truly...LOL).

Acne doesn't make or break your looks (aside from EXTREME cases of disfiguring acne...I'm talking about something that fewer than 1% of all people here suffer from). If you're ugly with acne, chances are you'll still be ugly without it. And if someone is really attractive without it, having acne isn't going to knock them down all that much. At most, it might lower your score on that "1-10" ranking by about a point. This is based on my own observations/thoughts when analyzing numerous people.

The bottom line: Focus more on the "rest" of you and just do the best you can with your acne treatment. Of course, certain aspects of ugliness are uncorrectable, though (like yours truly...LOL).

however, it does make your self-esteem go wayyy down if the acne is beyond mild....

yeah it's kind of true...I just don't want some chick staring at red bumps when she is kissing me deeply on a bed instead of my perdy blude eyes :D

I see where your coming from.

However, if your attractive, everyone is going to want to look at you.

If you have a big white filled with puss right smack on your forehead, most people will be disgusted and not want to look at you.

I don't think you are giving us nearly as much of credit for dealing with what we go through everyday.

however, it does make your self-esteem go wayyy down if the acne is beyond mild....

self esteem is generated by your self image not your physical appearance IMO. Just bc you dont look like a movie star doesnt meen you can't feel like you look like a movie star. The mirror doesn't tell you who you are, thats your job. If you dont believe my words just go read my accutane log and look at my pictures, I had worse acne probably than any of yall, and the scar the remain are blatant, but with a postive outlook, and strong self image i generated excess self esteem.

self esteem is generated by your self image not your physical appearance IMO. Just bc you dont look like a movie star doesnt meen you can't feel like you look like a movie star. The mirror doesn't tell you who you are, thats your job. If you dont believe my words just go read my accutane log and look at my pictures, I had worse acne probably than any of yall, and the scar the remain are blatant, but with a postive outlook, and strong self image i generated excess self esteem.

Great OP and something that is so true. Rob Brydon (severe acne scarring) was voted in the top 100 sexiext Britons one year because he is just so funny and a great personality. Also people are not disgusted by one big spot. About 5/7 people I live with have acne to some degree (some very minor, i.e. 3 spots at the most) and people don't care.

Ultimately it's the whole package that matters. Admittedly some girls won't date guys with acne but at the same time some girls won't date guys with a bad body. If you work on making acne the only BAD thing about yourself you'll do fine in dating and life.

if its not a + we have every right 2 dipise it how ever u spell it.in other words with acne we just want 2 be normal? =////

Yea what your saying applys to some people. were tought to think no1 judges how ur face looks they judge your personality.

But i say 80% of girls judge on looks, if they dont see something they like they say NO.

yes some say youd look sexy without acne but thats the problem I HAVE ACNE lol it pry aint goin away anytime soon.

but yea thats for posting this i kinda agree with it.

_

like u said worry about the rest of you not just the acne

me i have acne but im still one of the freshest bois at my school, i got all the freshest exclusive kicks and stay lookin good.

in the words of gucci mane, "you can call me ugly but you cant call me broke" lol im pretty broke but i dont look like it

I'm not talking about personality--my post is 100% about looks. Acne alone isn't going to make or break your looks. Almost all of the people who ARE physically unattractive with acne will remain physically unattractive even if they completely clear their skin. And on the other end of the spectrum, people who are attractive with completely clear skin aren't suddenly going to become unattractive when they have acne (aside from in VERY severe cases).

Caption obvious. It's for your own self and re-assurance. I know I can get girl's if I stopped caring about my skin and stopped working out and gained a bunch of weight. But I do it for myself...

lol yea i agree on that, cause i seen some ugly people without acne lol

but just saying, people want to judge you cause you have acne, they see the acne and there like o hes ugly, they dont stop to think and look again and picture them with out acne then there like wow he has some sexy facial features... i dont kno if that goes along but yea lol

yea i kno what you mean by that, this is jus my opinion on how i think . but the person which people think is attractive knows how they look without acne , if they get acne then someone different sees them with acne they might not think there attrative.

not one person is physicaly unactrative in my eyes tho, everyone has a certain person or ammout or people that think there attractive . one person might think a person is physicaly totaly unattractive but another might say hes physicaly attractive, everyone has there own judgements.. cause i kno a gurl that everyone thought she was physicaly unatratvie and i guess she has had a boyfriend for a while so i guess someone thought she was physicaly actractive, i dont kno im kinda lost right now im trying to do homwork and write this lol

I get where you are coming from that acne doesnt actually make you that ugly.. well uglier anyways.

But it has dramatic psychological effects that make or break a person.

To tell the truth I am an easy person to break but Ive grown accustomed because Ive lived with my acne since I was in elementary school and now Im about to graduate from high school (32 days till my ceremonies :D).

Although I would feel better if my skin wasnt as dry sometimes, my face wasnt red marked or scar marked, and it didnt have active pimples. But hey what can you do? Okay.. well Im working on it. I'll get there one day.. I hope...

But i say 80% of girls judge on finance, if they dont see something they like they say NO.

i have to disagree with you man. my girlfriend thinks i'm ugly now and so does the rest of her friends. even my sister said "eww, that's gross" the last time i saw her.

i have acne and i'm ugly now...it's that simple.

lol your pry not ugly , the acne is ugly,

since they see the ugly acne they say your ugly ....

with my acne most gurls turn facees or make faces or sumtin

but a couple times out the year im clear they dont and make statements sayin im cute and all this stuff

the acne is ugly ,not me or you ...but maybe you are just plain ugly i dont know....lol im just messing with you man

i have to disagree with you man. my girlfriend thinks i'm ugly now and so does the rest of her friends. even my sister said "eww, that's gross" the last time i saw her.

If people think you're ugly now, I think it's safe to say you were ugly before as well.

I'm sorry, but you don't put acne on an attractive person and make them ugly (unless, as I've said, it's an EXTREMELY severe case).

You could put a lot of acne on Jessica Alba and she'd still be hot.

If people think you're ugly now, I think it's safe to say you were ugly before as well.

I'm sorry, but you don't put acne on an attractive person and make them ugly (unless, as I've said, it's an EXTREMELY severe case).

You could put a lot of acne on Jessica Alba and she'd still be hot.