Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i've been suffering from acne since i can remember. at first it was just on my back, which was painful but bearable as i could hide it easily. i always had a few spots on my face but never anything that bothered me, however, in the last 18 months the skin on my face has worsened considerably, i have large painful sores all over and terrible scarring. i've tried everything to help my skin, i've taken minocycline and various other antibiotics, i've been through a course of roaccutane, prior to which i was taking dianette (skin medication that also doubles as a birth control pill), i've tried every cleansing regime on the market, including pro-activ, clinique anti-blemish and the loreal derma range. i also shelled out £120 for a zeno spot treatment machine, which has worked a very little but the effects are noticeable only to me.

i'm constantly in pain, i can't even yawn anymore without my face hurting terribly. i used to be able to leave the house without wearing any makeup at all and now that is no longer an option. the last time i tried it (during a number of sunbed treatments which, again, did not help) it was all i could do to keep myself from crying. even with makeup on it is still obvious that i have bad skin, and i use very expensive makeup (YSL, estée lauder, etc). the psychological effects of this - i can only refer to it as a <i>disease</i> - are extremely damaging. there is not one moment when i am not thinking about my skin, or looking at others' skin in comparison to my own. i hate being in the sun, as this highlights how bad i look. i feel abnormal compared to all my other friends as none of them suffer from this. i was just wondering if anyone had any advice. treatments you have used before etc? i just want this to clear up before summer, i'm sick of it being the only thing on my mind 24 hours a day and i would be so pleased if i could leave the house with confidence. thanks for reading this, it would help me a lot if i knew people were feeling the same way.x

Accutane bruther. It is all that will help,and it will help. My back is now clearing up, my face clear. It gets rid of the worst acne.

i've been suffering from acne since i can remember. at first it was just on my back, which was painful but bearable as i could hide it easily. i always had a few spots on my face but never anything that bothered me, however, in the last 18 months the skin on my face has worsened considerably, i have large painful sores all over and terrible scarring. i've tried everything to help my skin, i've taken minocycline and various other antibiotics, i've been through a course of roaccutane, prior to which i was taking dianette (skin medication that also doubles as a birth control pill), i've tried every cleansing regime on the market, including pro-activ, clinique anti-blemish and the loreal derma range. i also shelled out £120 for a zeno spot treatment machine, which has worked a very little but the effects are noticeable only to me.

i'm constantly in pain, i can't even yawn anymore without my face hurting terribly. i used to be able to leave the house without wearing any makeup at all and now that is no longer an option. the last time i tried it (during a number of sunbed treatments which, again, did not help) it was all i could do to keep myself from crying. even with makeup on it is still obvious that i have bad skin, and i use very expensive makeup (YSL, estée lauder, etc). the psychological effects of this - i can only refer to it as a <i>disease</i> - are extremely damaging. there is not one moment when i am not thinking about my skin, or looking at others' skin in comparison to my own. i hate being in the sun, as this highlights how bad i look. i feel abnormal compared to all my other friends as none of them suffer from this. i was just wondering if anyone had any advice. treatments you have used before etc? i just want this to clear up before summer, i'm sick of it being the only thing on my mind 24 hours a day and i would be so pleased if i could leave the house with confidence. thanks for reading this, it would help me a lot if i knew people were feeling the same way.x

Your not alone.

I know how frustrating it can be and I really feel for you.

The best advise I can give to you at the moment is to allow yourself time without thinking about your face. By this I mean once you are home and know that you are not going out in the evening do not look at your face again in any mirror (even if this involves removing mirrors from some rooms.

just forget about how you look while your at home. Most people with acne are not as conscious around family as they are out and about.

Try to relax and enjoy a book and some nice herbal / green tea. Have a relaxing bath and listen to some relaxing music / watch a good film.

find out if you can go on another course of accutane - maybe a longer lower dosage one.

While you have acne try to focus on other areas of your life that you can sort out.

AL x